What to do pre-cruise in Seabrook, TX?

Lorij91

:p Background: My brother and sister and I are taking my parents on a cruise for their 60th anniversary in Jun, 2007. We live on both coasts so are flying in on Saturday prior.

Here's the plan so far:

Saturday - I (and DD) arrive at IAH 1:30, go pick up reserved van at Enterprise.

Parents, brother and sister arrive at 2:45.

Drive to La Quinta Inn and Suites in Houston NASA Seabrook.

Sunday - drive to ship in Galveston, drop off van.

Question: What is there to do in Seabrook for the afternoon and evening? I was thinking of either going to NASA or the boardwalk in Seabrook. Anyone who has been there or lives there have ideas of things to do, places to go and a good Texas BBQ meal? :confused:

THANKS!!!

We'll be in Clear Lake which is in the NASA area and I posted and got some answers that might be of help. Look under the post 'Residence Inn Clear Lake' I think is the subject. We plan on doing the Kemah boardwalk a bit and a few other things. I did a google search on the area then went to sights about attractions to give me an idea. Have fun!

:p Background: My brother and sister and I are taking my parents on a cruise for their 60th anniversary in Jun, 2007. We live on both coasts so are flying in on Saturday prior.

Here's the plan so far:

Saturday - I (and DD) arrive at IAH 1:30, go pick up reserved van at Enterprise.

Parents, brother and sister arrive at 2:45.

Drive to La Quinta Inn and Suites in Houston NASA Seabrook.

Sunday - drive to ship in Galveston, drop off van.

Question: What is there to do in Seabrook for the afternoon and evening? I was thinking of either going to NASA or the boardwalk in Seabrook. Anyone who has been there or lives there have ideas of things to do, places to go and a good Texas BBQ meal? :confused:

THANKS!!!

The Kemah Boardwalk has multiple activities and many restaurants. However, if you want some Texas BBQ, try T-Bone Tom's. It's in Kemah within minutes of Seabrook.

Thanks BeachBumMama, I will look for your post.

Thanks MellowMel, I'll be looking for it. Of course, it'll all depend on what the rest of the gang wants to do. I know my Dad (83) and Mom (78) will be tired after traveling.

From the website, the Kemah Boardwalk looks somewhat like Old Town in Kissimmee, Florida (outside Orlando). Have you been there? Would that be a fair comparison?

I second the recommendation fot T-Bone Tom's for BBQ. Try downstairs at The Flying Dutchman on the Kemah Boardwalk for good, non-chain seafood and Tookies on Hwy 146 in Seabrook for great hamburgers and fried onion rings.There are places to just sit and people watch or boat watch on the Boardwalk if your parents want to rest a bit.

Lots of us responded to BeachBumMama also so be sure to check that thread.

Archived