Muster Drill In or Out..? (leaving from NY right now)

maja

Recent NY cruisers....Is the muster drill done in or outdoors? It's going to even colder next week & I'm wondering if we can leave the heavy coats home!

In Feb last year, again on the Spirit is was outside in 20deg winds, and it was the coldest that Lisa and felt the entire winter!

The captain came by and told us to huddle closer to stay warm.

My advice is don't be the 1st one to your muster station, as we were, and bring your warmest winter coat, hat, and gloves.

See you next week! Jim :D

You surely can wait until the last minute to go outside. I am always amazed how many people are already at the muster station BEFORE the alarm sounds.

I hear ya gary. I always go the last possible minute! Trying to finish my last beer.:) My wife is always telling me to hurry up! What for? Hurry up and wait.

Dan:)

In Feb last year, again on the Spirit is was outside in 20deg winds, and it was the coldest that Lisa and felt the entire winter!

The captain came by and told us to huddle closer to stay warm.

My advice is don't be the 1st one to your muster station, as we were, and bring your warmest winter coat, hat, and gloves.

See you next week! Jim :D

Very good to know as we (my mother and son) are leaving on the Spirit in 2 weeks. Since my mother's getting up in age, I definitely don't want her outside in 25 degree weather any longer than necessary.

Our drill was indoors (Aqua Restaurant) when we were on the Dawn in October.

When I was on the Star in 2005 (sister ship of the Dawn), we were one of the lucky ones in the Stardust theater. (nice seats to sit in during the drill.)

When I was on the Dawn in 2006, we were outside the Grand Atrium...no seats...had to stand. (but is was June, so it was warm!)

Hope for a "J" muster station...in the Stardust.

Recent NY cruisers....Is the muster drill done in or outdoors? It's going to even colder next week & I'm wondering if we can leave the heavy coats home!

Regardless of the weather when you depart...bring the winter gear.

We departed NY on 2/2/06...warm weather...no coats/boots, etc., ...came home to a N'easter on 2/12. We froze on return to NY:(

But..a great cruise:)

Regardless of the weather when you depart...bring the winter gear.

We departed NY on 2/2/06...warm weather...no coats/boots, etc., ...came home to a N'easter on 2/12. We froze on return to NY:(

But..a great cruise:)

We left on your return 2/12/06. It was snowy and cold....the drill is really for our own protections. They do check off your names when you attend, not sure what they do if you don't sow up. It doesnt take very long, and if you huddle its not so bad......

On Jan 23rd on Spirit, our drill was outdoors. Fortunately our station was near a large doorway, so near the end several of us huddled in the doorway to listen. In the end, it really wasn't that uncomfortable though.

They do call off your cabin numbers if they don't see you there, so they'll know if you show up or not.

Teri

Archived