must not forget to pack item

dansu

Thank you to the CC'r who mentioned packing a length of duct tape wrap around a piece of cardboard. I wrapped a metre of duct tape around an empty Best Buy gift card, and packed in my cosmetic bag next to my manicure scissors, and I was very glad I did, as the pull out handle on my luggage cracked at the airport on my way down, making it next to impossible to raise the handle and roll my luggage. As soon as I reached the hotel, I was able to fix the handle.

Then on board hubby dropped my little flashlight I travel with so that I can find my watch or the bathroom at night without disturbing him, and cracked the casing. Duct tape did the trick.

Thanks again for the tip

Suzi

My son laughs at my packing duct tape, but it's one of those things, you rarely need it but when that one time arrives it's really, really needed. Ironically, friends that I've traveled with turn to me, or rather my duct tape, for those emergency situations also. Robin :)

Isn't it funny the things you would never think of that people tell you to bring....and it turns out that you'll probably never travel again without it?!?

I just learned last year at this time about bringing the duct tape - this was my fourth cruise. I don't know, I thought, what the heck....it won't take up much room...may as well! We used it before ever getting to the ship!! We picked up a couple of 12 packs of Coke to bring on board for the kids - and as we were returning our rental car to take the shuttle to the ship, we took the Coke out of the trunk, the "handle" ripped - cans EveRyWheRe!! Thanks to the duct tape we were able to make a quick patch!!

Then after the cruise, at the airport to go home, our Liquor Box carrying our Duty Free alcohol, had a handle issue as well!! Duct tape to the rescue!!!

Never cruise/travel without it!! :D

Archived