Cell phone service in St. Thomas

waterrats

I will be in St. Thomas on the Caribbean Princess. I have ATT Wireless and with ATT I get free calls while in the USVI. Has anyone had any luck with cell reception in St. Thomas? It would be nice to talk with the kids while were gone and not have to shell out $10 for a few minutes.

I just got back from St Thomas.. I have t-mobile and my BF had Verizon.. We both had service..Also had service in Puerto Rico and we had an emergency stop in Bermuda and I had service there too.!

I think you will be fine. I saw everyone on their cell phones.

thanks everyone. last year we were in ocho rios, grand cayman, haiti, and cozumel and didn't receive reception the entire trip. we had to pay for the calls at one of the visitor stores. Once again thanks. I just hope that cell phones on ships is still many many years away. I have only been on one cruise and the fact that I was able to leave without anyone being able to reach me either easily or cheap made for a much more enjoyable trip.

• 2 weeks later...

:( I love the concept of no cell phones on the ship. Last cruise we had a guy next to us that was on his cell phone constantly at every port. He stood by the rail of his balcony and talked, talked, talked on his phone. It was loud and totally annoying. I hate cell phones when they are used in public.

I will admit we called home from St Thomas to check on my cousin watching our house/dog and to let her know that our beach wedding that morning was incredible - that we were finally married! Didn't do it from the ship though - did it on land to not disturb other passengers onboard.

If you use Sprint PCS, that is considered a "local" call with no roaming - just like calling your nextdoor neighbor. :)

Archived