Moby Dick Tours

melgray13

I used MDT last year in March. I used this company for several reasons first I was able to make a reservation online and not pay for it. This was great because in Grand Cayman I have had the experience of the ship not being able to tender people in because of wind. Most operators will refund your money but why bother with that hassle. When we arrived at the port Moby Dick Tours were there with signs as we came off the ship. This was nice. They directed us to their check in desk and we paid for our tour. Then we walked accross the street and we were put onto a bus and taken to the tour boat. The staff was very friendly and entertainng. When we got to the stingrays it was very crowded so we snorkled first. Then we did our stingray encounter. After the encounter we were taken back to the port. Another big plus is the transportation was in an air-conditioned bus. I have gone on several stingray tours and did not ever have an air-conditioned bus. I would recommend this tour to everyone. It is one of those once in a lifetime experience. The stingrays can be intimadating but if you prefer the guide will always have a ray that you can touch while he is holding it. Once you get enough courage you can feed them yourself they are all over the place. One thing I would definately recommend is to book an early tour. Last year we went around 11:00 and by the time we got to the stingrays they were not hungry and did not easily come to us. Be prepared for a lot of people to be there doing the same thing. In the morning they are hungry and after several hundred people have visited they have had enough for the day. This tour has been very popular and it may just be that it's been over visited. The water is a little over waist deep on a 5'6" me. My girls who are under 13 stayed on my back the whole time. They did not want to swim and the water was to high for them to stand up. Also the waves can be strong and make the water seem deeper. I have taken several stingray tours both from the cruise ship and off the cruise ship. The best experience was with Moby Dick Tours. My girls did get brave enough to touch the stingrays and have pictures taken while my husband held them. They would not try to feed them themselves. If you do feed them pay attention on how to do this because the first time they take the squid from you, you will think they are taking your fingers with them. They have a strong suction and it feels like a bite but it's just suction. No big deal. Just a little different feeling first time. You will be pleased with Moby Dick Tours they limit their tours to I think a max of 25. This is another plus. They also have snorkling equipment and a covered area on their boats. I hope I have helped you.

We are going on with Moby Dick also. Liked the pay then. One thing to add is bring cash. When we got our email back they said only cash. No problem. I am glad you told me about the feeding suck thing. I would go scared. That is a great idea on the kids we have two 5 and 7.

Can not wait!!!!

Archived