Anyone just back from the Westerdam/Southern cruise?

Tonklily

Has anyone just returned from the Westerdam? I believe it was the Southern Caribbean? How was the ship, the ports, and what days were the two formal nights? Any other information that you would like to share, would be appreciated. Thank you. (P.S. We're leaving on February 25th on the Westerdam to the Southern Caribbean. Can't wait)!:)

just got back this afternoon.

The cruise was GREAT!!!

The weather was PERFECT the whole week.

The formal nights were monday and friday.

I will post a review shortly.

I will be happy to answer any ??? you have.

The entertainment was GREAT. I guess they got the message because the talent on this cruise was brought in from the best of the best from all over the HAL fleet.

Just returned..... wonderful cruise... We are loyal Celebrity fans, and now have found a cruise line that can top them in many ways.

Although I have been lurking for the past 6 months, this trip was so great that I plan on doing a review later this week...

Needless to say, we were very happy with Holland America and the Westerdam Staff.

Cruise Happy Gal :D

Dear rpach and cruise happy gal - What entainment did you enjoy? We leave on the 18th and had read some recent messages (eastern carib) that the entainment was disappointing. Glad to hear that you enjoyed the cruise - we too have only sailed with Celebrity (love them!) and are trying HAL for the first time. Thanks. Vicky

We felt the entertainment was top notch. The Singers and Dancers were the best I have ever seen in all of our past cruises. The only show we did not see was the magician, and we had been told he was really bad, but we did speak with "Billy" the Cruise Director, and he told us that he had been replaced after many complaints. He also indicated that he was a member of Cruise Critic and always read the messages. He is a very nice young man and was very visible on the ship. The comedian was very funny. Be sure and see the 2nd show which features the singers and dancers, as well as the next show they do.... they are fantastic. The Crew also puts on a show at 11:15 one night, but we did not go to it.

You will love the Westerdam.... I can not say enough good things about this trip.

Have a great time..... I am having cruise depression right now, and would go back on the Westerdam in a minute.

Cruise Happy Gal:p

Archived