Anyone on Atkins?

stiffaney

Hello everyone....sorry I've been away so long....DS had his wedding this weekend and now I can concentrate on the task at hand, which is getting back on track with my diet.....I can't believe how bad I looked on the wedding photos:( Oh well, I have until October to see what I can accomplish weightloss wise.....

Kim

Hello All:

Pat, 2 lbs, way to go Pat :D.

Last spring/summer I lost about 30. Starting about November I slowly gained it all back. 100 % my fault for thinking I was smarter than the Dr. and could handle sugar and white flour. Also I got too "busy" to exercise. So I started back mid June and am now down 13+ lbs. So I will be posting new before and after photos when I get near or at my goal.

I was 200 + on 5'8". My goal is 155-160.

I am making it a huge focus, this time to not be in a hurry to loose the weight and to make forever changes. A big part of which is my interaction with other people regarding food. This is my third go round on Atkins and I intend to make it stick. I keep going over how I let things slip w/o beating myself up :cool:. I am also focusing on whole foods. With minimum pre packaged stuff.

Welcome back Kim : nothing more motovating than fat photos. I can lie to myself looking in the mirror more than with a photo..

Hello Jean: My N.M. friend, My spouse is looking at N.M. magazine and really wants to move there someday. I hope I do not miss the ocean too much when that happens. :(. But it really is the land of enchantment. I will just have to cruise more :cool:.

All for now, Tom

Hi gang!

Well, I've been so good for the last couple of weeks...and of course no weight loss. I'm going to get my thyroid checked, because I'm basically in induction & I'm only maintaining. If I add anything at all, I gain. I'll keep y'all posted.

Erica & Pat ~ I'm in Memphis! It is HOT right now!! Erica, are you anywhere nearby? Pat, I have friends in Bogota...and one of my best friends grew up there! Congratulations on the loss! Erica, I agree with Jean...I would hold off a little on the shopping, at least until later in the fall...you might catch some killer deals then, anyway!

Tami ~ good to see you here!

Pink ~ I love all the good fats, and I totally agree that saturated fat should not be the only fat in our diets, and that we should fill up on the Omega 3's whenever possible! According to Dr. Atkins, there's really no such thing as a bad fat. They only clog the arteries when they're combined with too many carbs. This is proven by people who live in extremely cold temperatures in the far North...their diet is 90% protein & fat...mostly saturated fat. And I've read stories of people using Atkins as a license to ONLY eat steak, etc. No good. One guy ate a whole stick of butter. Blechhh...Dr. Atkins quickly pointed out that that was ridiculous. Please keep sharing your recipes!!

Kim ~ I've told all my friends & loved ones to keep the camera pointed away from me until I feel a little better about how I look. Keep going...you'll feel better about pictures very soon!

Tom ~ congrats on the 13!! Like we talked about so much before, there are some of us who just have to get used to the fact that we will never be able to eat flour & sugar on a regular basis again. For whatever reason, I was able to limit myself to eating it rarely for 4 years...but this last 2 I have not been able to control it. It's none or I lose control & it ends up being too much. Did you get married & not tell us?? Pictures???

Jean ~ did you get your results back yet?

Have a great day, everyone!

Hi Everyone! Wanted to let you know I added some cream cheese to my egg white omelet and it was so creamy and good! Ha! It is funny how little things make you so happy!!!

I am going to make a taco salad for dinner. Luckily my hubby has decided to join me on this quest. It makes it so much easier.

Hope to see some posts from you guys!!!

Down - 2 lbs/Start date - 7/14, More to go- 53 lbs.

Have a great evening!!!

Pat

Hello everyone! I hope you all are doing well and having great low carbing days. I started my 2nd 2-week induction. I was not the best with the first one so I'm going at it again. I think I'll be on induction for a while. At least I lost 6 pounds. Pretty good I must say. I will definitely wait until a little closer to my cruise to do my shopping. I do have some nice hand-me-downs in different sizes but I would like to buy some sundresses or jersey-type dresses to take on the cruise. For 2 days in port I'll wear capris so for the other days, a skirt or sundress would be nice.

Wow Pat, you sure are a long way from home. How much longer do you have until you move back? Or will you all be moving back here or transferred elsewhere?

Pat and RocknSoul, I am in MS. Born and raised. I live in Jackson. It is extremely humid here, causing it to feel uncomfortably hot and sticky. I don't know where Bogota is. I'm about 3 hours from Memphis.

Tom, I willfully and knowingly ate something sweet this weekend. It made my head hurt for a moment. I will definitely be keeping my cool with the sweets and floury stuff as well. Man am I a sucker for sweets.

Hope you all have a wonderful LC day!

Erica

Ok Lisa and Erica...We Southern Girls are going to get this weight OFF!!!!

I was born and raised in Mendenhall, MS...about 30 miles south of Jackson. Hubby is in the oil business and we have been in living in Colombia, South America for the last 5 years. This is when I have added the 55 lbs. I don't work anymore, have a maid 6 days a week, all of which are great but my health has suffered (high BP and CHOL). Heck, I can't hardly bend over to put on socks!!!

My problem is not sweets. It is portions! I love to eat! My portions have been like a football player! I do like something in the evenings, so I have been saving my one Coke Zero to use as a dessert. I think it has held me back though from losing weight. My plan is to try to stop that next Monday. I am doing much better on drinking water, but still need to increase it. And exercise...well Monday also!

I am just trying to do better slowly but SURELY. I have taken Sirwinston's and Sugar Free Shelia's advise to not just eat meat this time around on Adkins, but eat alot (and I mean alot) of veggies along with meat.

Have a great evening and please keep posting!!!!

Pat

Middle of the week Greetings to Everyone!! :D

Lisa - So glad to 'see' you! I won't get my results until next week, but will be anxious to hear how your tests come out also!! The thyroid thing can be so complicated! My para-thyroid gland surgery last Nov made such a difference in how I feel today! It doesn't control my hand reaching for some not so good choices - but that's my own fault! lol!

Kim - Good to see you back! Besides the pictures....did you have a good time at the wedding? Weren't you so glad to see your family & friends on your DS's special day!?! Last night I was looking at my family reunion pictures from June and on the day of the reunion I picked - gulp - a shirt & shorts that were the worse thing I could have worn! :eek: Thinking that I might have my swimsuit on underneath - then didn't even wear it - they are so baggy and yuck! What was I thinking!?! But...we had a blast being there and so that's what I'm thinking of as I bury those clothes to the back of my closet! LOL!! Cropping pictures are one way to have some nice shots of your own of that special day!!

Tom & Gary - They did a special on TV this morning on Madrid...ha! Also, a spot on the commuter train that will be done in December that will link Santa Fe with Belen (south of Abq) - all the way through!

Pat - Columbia! Wow... With lots of fresh veggies & your protein, put in some exercise and your going to get those socks on your feet easy in no time! It's just getting started! Do you have a safe place to start walking - which will help a lot with your BP? This is something that I have to keep working at too!

Erica- Good job on your 1st week - and you can do a 2nd week too! A lot of it is just changing the un healthy habits that we have grown so attached too! But I know when I feel so much better staying low carb, the easier it is stay with it! And those new Cruise clothes you get to shop for a little further down the road! yeah!

We have had 12 days of rain in a row here! So I have to go out walking after the afternoon thunder storms roll through - and before the evening ones hit! And when Dolly hits her stride in Mexico...that moisture should come up and we'll even have more days of rain. I really like the rain and we sure need it!

OH!!!! And I have to share with you guys that we are going to be first time Grandparents in February!! A little something special brought back from Scotland that we were told about last Friday! Yiippee!

Ok, back to work!

HI y'all! I am new to this board, hope you don't mind me joining in.

DH and I are sailing on 11/2/08 and I need to lose some weight and try to get fit so I can keep up with him...LOL. Several years ago I had the lap-band surgery and unfortunatly I had complications with it so I am back to the Adkins. I did this diet a few years ago and my body really did respond to it. Unlike most "dieters" I don't use the scale much. My scale is seeing my clothes fit better and my endurance increase. I have been overweight since birth, 10lbs 3oz, so it's nothing out of the ordinary for me but I want to be healty. Don't get me wrong if I were a size 4 I wouldn't complain but it's not in my make up so I am cool with just feeling better!

Last night was my first night towards the new me. I ate two boneless skinless chicken breasts, and did 25 minutes on my Gazelle. Today so far it's only been coffee. I am not a real breakfast eater although I try to have an egg and a few pieces of cheese.

A little bit about me - I was born and raised in southern Michigan. I met the LOVE of my life on the internet in 1999. I moved to central Mississippi in April of 2000, married DH July of 2007. I have been a travel consultant since 1988 and I still LOVE it!! We have 7 dogs, DH has a 19 year old son. I have two sisters, still both in Michigan. I have two nephews, two nieces, and two great-nieces! My mother had been living with us for the past two years while battling breat cancer...REMISSION 2/1/08!!! She is now back in Michigan until January 09 when she will come back here for 6 months with us.

Well that's it. I hope I didn't bore anyone and I look forward to seeing some of you on the open seas!!!

Thanks for the invite "missbogota"

Hello All:

Lisa: I have not gotten married yet. But we plan to do a "court house" kind of deal when we do. I think I have decided that I need to be permanently off white flour and sugar. Those are my fire breathing two headed dragon...

Erica: I have a huge weakness for sweets. I know this is a sign of carbo addiction. I have to cut them out and settle for the occasional homemade sugar free one. Also this go round I have decided that I really must add in tons more veggies and whole foods as I reach goal instead of adding in to many "treats" ( even the sugar free ones). It is tough but I must struggle with what I call reality vs. non reality thinking. non reality thinking is "one won't hurt". Reality thinking says "one will hurt and it may start a binge".

Pat: I struggle with portions too. I am challenging myself to stay on a time table, and to eat the minium that will keep me from being hungry.

also the wait a few minutes rule really helps. Also dinking the water and taking fiber Psyillium husk really helps me.

Hello Jean: So much cool info and congrats on being a Grandparent :D.

I hope I get to be one someday. (But not too soon)

Mississippibelle: Welcome, I am sure you know, that you can eat chicken with the fat, skin and bone it it is better for you because you will feel more full. It has more flavor too...

All for now, Tom

Hello All:

eat chicken with the fat, skin and bone it it is better for you because you will feel more full. It has more flavor too...

The bone?!...we can eat the bones too? :p :D :p Shoooot! I've been throwing out the bones--darn! They would have filled me up!!! ....LOL...sorry Tom! Couldn't Resist!! :D :p

Just cracking up here!:D Can you imagine the rumors all over the boards now about how Atkins dieters are eating just meat and bones now? LOL!!

Jean- You crack me up!! It is so nice to get a good laugh every day!! I love this thread.:D

I have been doing some thinking about my cruise for next April. I could use a little advice. After years of wanting to go on a Princess cruise, I booked a 7 day on their newest the Ruby. After booking I started hearing a lot of complaints about Princess. I have been thinking that maybe I should cancel and go back to Carnival. I just don't want to spend $4000 on a mini-suite on this cruise and not be happy when I can just go on Carnival. Now, Carnival I know and love! I am so looking forward to going on the Carnival Destiny in 84 days!! Does anyone have any advice? I know that people all like different things and everyone has their own opinion. Some people don't like Carnival but I for one have not had one complaint about my cruises with Carnival.

OK, enough of that. Just an update about my Atkins week. I got back on the scales Monday and lost that weight I gained back over the 4th and some. I am now down 18 pounds. One day at a time, right? ;) I did so well Monday and Tuesday. I got up at 5:30 am and went walking before getting ready for work. That is really the best time for me. By the time I get home from work after picking my daughter up, cook dinner, do homework with her, clean up, etc, etc it is just too late to walk. I just could not do it this morning, I was too tired. Lets try again tomorrow! Exercise is always a struggle for me. Especially with these 100 degree days we have been having. I hope everyone is having a wonderful week!!!

Until next time

Donna

Hi everyone!

It's been awhile since I've posted on this thread, but I have been lurking every day and trying to get in the right mindset to start on Atkins again. You all inspire me! I started induction once again yesterday...so far, so good. I just have to get through the first 4 days or so and I know I will be feeling better, my cravings will be gone, appetite will be under control, and the energy should kick in.

I work at Curves, so I have absolutely no excuse for not exercising. I also have a dog that I walk every day so I should be okay in the exercise department. I just need to get through the induction flu, then I will be exercising regularly. I talked to my brother on the phone a couple weeks ago, and he didn't know that I was working at Curves, and after I told him his comment was "Are you the before model?" Brothers can be cruel! But it stuck in the back of my mind, and has just given me the incentive to finally get onboard the Atkins wagon again, start exercising consistently, and get my life under control.

We will be cruising on the Carnival Glory October 11th and then on the Carnival Inspiration on November 17th. I am hoping to lose enough weight and inches by then to be comfortable in the clothes I already have that have gotten a little too snug. I hate feeling like a stuffed sausage! I am already telling myself that I have to stick to Atkins even when we cruise, because once I start eating carbs/sugar it's too hard to get back on track. I have lost and gained the same 20 pounds too many times. I have about 70 lbs. to lose, so it will be a long road ahead. I'm glad to have the support of everyone here.

Good Morning! All Ya All!

MSBelle - Welcome! I've learned that Breakfast - just isn't breakfast foods! Or any way the typical kind. Since I 'm out the door about 7:15 am for work, there are times that I've acutally had a bite of brisket, ribs, bbq chicken or sausage . It seems that if I make sure my morning starts with some kind of protein - because it is filling and it fires up my system for the morning - I don't have the cravings for carbs at lunch. Then a salad or veggies with something for lunch - which gets me through to dinner. The protein through out the day is a big key for the snacking roller coaster we can sometimes get on! - ahem - quite the rabbit trail I got on :o .... or pep talk as I would tell my kids when they were at home. LOL! :p Wow...a very busy life with 7 dogs! But very fun too... I have had my dog 1 year now and she's my buddy!

Kreeb!! Hey... Welcome Back! You are going to see those lbs just melt off... with working at Curves (one of my sisters favorites) and going low carb! Just be sure to be prepared with your meals and your going to do great! Oct & Nov isn't to far away...but just be determined to stay on track and you really will feel a difference in your clothes by then!

Hey Donna! Good to see you on again! I love walking in the morning! Oh...and our first Cruise was Carnival on the Valor...we really had a great time! DH said he'd like to try a Princess cruise sometime - so I'm not being much help now am I?! Sorry! I've only been on 2 - and we've talked about another, soon....but not sure when or where - but I say get the biggest bang for your buck! But mostly plan to go and have a great time! Let me know what you end up doing!

Used up all of the leftovers last night - I'm glad I brought some egg salad to work earlier this week, that's what's for breakfast! lol!:p

Happy middle of the summer to everyone!

Getting to the stack on my desk. - will check back later! :)

Hey Gang!

I'm here, been SUPER busy and I am up 3, too much indulging at the Yankee games. I decided to take a day off of school today so I can catch up with everything I need to do. And I esp wanted to say Hi to all of you. I decided to really push to lose 15 before my next cruise in Sept so I really started watching and keeping track of my carbs yesterday which I have been really lax about in the past.

I will try to catch up with the posts soon, and boy do I have some reading ahead of me LOL:D . I will write back soon. BTW, Jean thanks for always thinking of me;)

Howdy gang:

Jean I deserved the joke about the bones. I should have described what I was told my our executive chef that cooking meat with the bones gives some dishes more flavor. Nothing worse than dry chicken.

Donna: I love Carnival too, But if you can afford it you may want to try Princess just to compare. My last Princess cruise was 1979 so I will be no help here. (But I have been on Cunard which is sort of ran by Princess). I love walking in the morning because it is cool less traffic and I will not talk myself out of it later.

Kreeb: I totally have the same problem. Once I start eating wrong on a cruise it is very hard for me to put the brakes on when I get home. I know what is best for me. Some people may be able to control bad carb intake but not me. I also find when I am carful on a cruise I actually enjoy my food more w/o feeling stuffed.

Hi Joycelyn.

Tom in Long Beach

Ok, just finished reading all the posts...whew:D

JEAN!!!!!! Congrats on becoming a grandma for the first time! And the pic of Sadie is soooo cute.

Hi Tom, see, I knew you could do it, great job on the loss so far.

Glad to see so many new posters and some of our old friends back and posting.

About Princess, I have been on a few Princess cruises and I can say that I LOVE Princess. Maybe because a Princess cruise was my first cruise but I think they do a wonderful job. I would take what you read about cruises on these boards with a grain of salt, sometimes any cruiseline can be hit or miss, but for the most part Princess is awesome. And the food is GREAT!;)

Now a question, I started Induction again yesterday and I feel soooo dizzy when I drink water. Has this happened to anyone?

Dizzy Jocelyn:

Drinking water on Induction shouldn't cause you to get dizzy - - are you sure it's water? LOL ! How far are you tilting your head back? :p JK you Girl!:D :p

Really though...could it be an extreme in temps..you know - like really cold water down a hot and thristy throat? I'm thinking like the phrase "brain freeze" but not to that extend of super cold with ice cream. But I'm not a medical expert! OOO maybe someone else with this experience can/will share! I'm so sorry girl! :( Induction is a tough phase on it's own...much less with side effects! Hang in there!!

Keep us posted on this...or if you figure out what's going on!

Welcome MSBelle! So glad you joined us! I only been around a little over a week, but everyone on this thread is great and has given me inspiration to get this weight off!

Sirwinston, I love chicken! Although I don't eat the bones, I can make them look like a cat has been knawing on them!!!

Don't know how much weight I have lost this week (weigh-in Monday), but I know I have eaten a better diet, started walking again (2 times), and haven't had a drink. This is BIG for me! I feel so much better and really am not very hungry. When I cut out those terrible carbs, I am not as hungry and my portions decrease! Imagine that!!!

Happy Friday to all! Keep posting...the weekends are the hardest for me!

Pat

Hello Pat:

No I do not eat the chicken bones, But cooking the whole chicken and not just the breast gives more flavor. I love "el pollo loco" :D.

I find it very true with me too if I cut out the terrible junk carbs my hunger is diminshed. I still get hungry but not as bad. Sort of like how stabilizers on a cruise ship dampen the roll. :rolleyes:

My weigh in is on Monday so that helps keep me motovated on the weekends. But to be fair I am working so I do not have to deal as much with "boredom" hunger.

Jean: I keep meaning to tell you that I have really cut back on salt and I can feel a differance. I think I am down 2 more lbs. :D Also I am tasting my food and not just the salt. I found unsalted nuts at "Trader Joes". ( sort of a healthier grocery chain) Aslo unsalted butter and not adding any when cooking.

Hello Jocelyn: Hope you get over the dizzies.. Also I think people should try different cruise lines, then they will really know which is the best fit. Of coarse I enjoy more upscale, But I love Carnivals value for the money. Especailly when I have to buy three tickets.

Tom in L.B.

Happy Friday Everyone!

Wooo hooo! It's almost the weekend!

Pat: You go Girl with your smaller portion - not so hungry self!! And walking too! Yup... your getting the hang of this! It won't be long before you find yourself sleeping really good too...not that you might not already...but it's another benefit that I sure do like!:D

Tom: Trader Joes has such fun stuff! yum! Good Job on less salt! My blood pressure was the best it had been in a l o n g time when I saw my Dr last week!

I hope some day to say that I've sailed on a 'Queen'....might be a ways down the road...but I think I've added it to my "Bucket List" LOL!!:D :p OH...and I wanted to ask you ...which LA air port is the best to fly into for taking Cruises out of Calif? Are most of them docked in Long Beach?..I'm thinking Southwest Airlines.

Keep it Low Carb out there!!

Hey Gang,

I took a peek, and its not "official" yet but I am down 2:D 13 more to my pre cruise goal

Hey Jean, you could be right, it could just be me goodness knows that is what my DH thinks LOL:D :eek: , but no the dizzies have subsided, I don't think I was drinking enough water b4 and yesterday I really drank ALOT.:D

MissBogota, cutting out the wine is tough for me too. I love to have a glass in the evening but it def makes me crave carby stuff so I have to lay off of it for a while:rolleyes:

Hey Tom, great going on being down another 2! I agree that it is a good thing to try different cruiselines. I never thought I would try a different cruise line after Princess, but I tried RCI to Bermuda and had an excellent time.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Howdy everyone! Greetings! I hope you all are having a super groovy day!! Y'all, lately I have been feeling kinda tired. Not sure if it's because of not getting enough sleep or what. Today I goofed and ate some beans and rice (ok, dammit it was red beans and rice :eek: ). I feel ok, but trying to keep moving so it will flow right through me.

Pat, we sure are going to get this weight off. Ooo, I may need to do the kind of work that your hubby does so I can afford a maid. Wait, screw a maid, more cruises! :p I don't quite understand the eat a lot of veggie concept when it states like 3 cups of veggies and salad a day. Are we suppose to be increasing that each day? I eat like a football player too but lately I really haven't had an appetite. It's really amazing. I think my stomach shrinked. I could eat but a small bowl of beans and rice. Not normal. LOL I don't mean to laugh but that is just so funny that you are saving your Coke Zero for a dessert substitute. Do you know I did the same thing today and enjoyed drinking half of it (nephew got a hold to the other half).

Erica- Good job on your 1st week - and you can do a 2nd week too! A lot of it is just changing the un healthy habits that we have grown so attached too! But I know when I feel so much better staying low carb, the easier it is stay with it! And those new Cruise clothes you get to shop for a little further down the road! yeah!

We have had 12 days of rain in a row here! So I have to go out walking after the afternoon thunder storms roll through - and before the evening ones hit! And when Dolly hits her stride in Mexico...that moisture should come up and we'll even have more days of rain. I really like the rain and we sure need it!

OH!!!! And I have to share with you guys that we are going to be first time Grandparents in February!! A little something special brought back from Scotland that we were told about last Friday! Yiippee!

Ok, back to work!

Congrats!!! I know you must be excited. I use to didn't like kids until my nephew came along. He's crazier about me than his own mom and wants to be with me all the time. But he must know, I'm crazy about him too. Now, I love kids and I'm very patient with them. I know every now and then I goof, but you know, I am determined to get in that size 16 by December. I am too close. Right now, I feel like going to run. I think I'm going to hit my treadmill tonight.

MSBelle, howdy girl! YAY!! MS is in the house! The south rules!!!! LOL I'm from central MS too. So glad to have you on the boards. That's so nice that you all take turns taking care of your mother. So happy that she's in remission. That's awesome!

Hello All:

Erica: I have a huge weakness for sweets. I know this is a sign of carbo addiction. I have to cut them out and settle for the occasional homemade sugar free one. Also this go round I have decided that I really must add in tons more veggies and whole foods as I reach goal instead of adding in to many "treats" ( even the sugar free ones). It is tough but I must struggle with what I call reality vs. non reality thinking. non reality thinking is "one won't hurt". Reality thinking says "one will hurt and it may start a binge".

Mississippibelle: Welcome, I am sure you know, that you can eat chicken with the fat, skin and bone it it is better for you because you will feel more full. It has more flavor too...

All for now, Tom

LOL Tom, even the bone. hehe Tom, I love how I'm feeling. I think I need to eat more as I have been eating not a lot at all, but I haven't had an appetite.

Well everyone, if I don't get to the computer this weekend, you all have a good one and keep up the low carbing.

Erica - PS, my goal is to be a size 16 by December. Not sure I mentioned that. Current size is a 22 and some 20s. I set that goal because I've been reading so many reviews about the weightloss and I know I'm dropping on induction like a pound a day or at least every other day. My sister is military and told me she thinks it's achievable. She said she'd be willing to train me. :eek:

I've made it through the first 5 days of a clean induction...YAHOO!!! I'm already starting to feel more energy, mental clarity, and am not hungry all the time. I won't get on the scale until Tuesday morning, and I'm hoping for some good results. Hope everyone is having a wonderful low carb weekend.

Hello Erica:

Re: Tons of Veggies.... Compared to when I was scarfing down bread,french fries, pasta,and pizza; 3 cups a day (X 7days a week) is a ton of veggies for me. Twenty one cups of salad/ veggies a week. Also after induction you can add more. I think I am around 4-5 cups a day right now. For Induction you should stick to the 3 cups a day.

Re: no hunger: go with that for now, Make sure to eat acceptable snack/meals. You are swicthed over to fat burning which sort of turns off the normal appitite.

Re: Weight loss. you may loose 2-3 lbs per day on induction, But it is normal for that to slow to 2-3 lbs a week after. Do not get frustrated. At least it is real weight loss :D

Kids are cool when they are not working your nerves :cool:.

Jocelyn: I think all of the major cruise lines have to at least be good. Otherwise they would go out of business. Each has its own stlye and things going for it. Just do not let the lacking of something you enjoyed on one cruise line ruin it for you on another. Example really good tea time on Cunard. Carnival tea time more basic , But I am paying a lot less for the cruise...

Jean: Long Beach Airport(LGB) is the closest for Port of L.A. and Long Beach. Perhaps the best deals may be to LAX. Carnival sails out of Long Beach. So does the occasional HAL. All the others sail out of "Los Angeles World Port" cruise terminal. (Princess, NCL, RCI, Disney) Also Hal, & Carnival sail out of San Diego. I think RCI may also be sailing out of San Diego.

All for now,Tom

Happy Monday!! I am actually having a pretty good start for the week. I got back on the scales and lost 2 more pounds. That brings me to a total of 20 pounds!!!:D I am so excited. I wonder how much more I can lose in the next 79 days!! 79 days until my next cruise!!

My ex-husband got his court papers Friday and called his mother to find out what was going on. She asked him if he ever got the letter from me and he said that our daughter is NOT going out of the country. It is sad that he would make our daughter suffer and not let her enjoy going on a cruise with me just because he hates me. Hopefully things will go well in court. He has had no contact with her in over a year so it is not like he really cares what she does. I am afraid it will get ugly before it is over with, but I pray that does not happen.

Jocelyn: Thanks for the input about Princess. I am going to stick with the mini-suite we have booked on the Ruby for next April. I was thinking about booking our 2010 cruise on the Carnival Dream but I am gonna wait and see how we like Princess. ;) Maybe we will go on the Emerald Princess instead. Any cruise is a good cruise!!:D ;) :D

I hope everyone has a great week!! I will update you when we get closer to our court date.

Donna