Noordam Veranda Quad - 4th bed?

PokerDave

It is horizontally across the head of the main bed.

With this configuration, how one gets up there, I haven't a clue... but we have used the pull down berths on the Amsterdam, Statendam, Maasdam - these were easily accessed and made up then stored away each day by the steward.

We were excited when we found the Noordam was offering balcony quads in categories other than S. However, on our last cruise only DH & I were in the quad cabin (we ended up with the kids next door) it would have been a very tight fit with all four of us in that cabin (5003).

To add to what ekerr said... When the ladder for the upper berth is in place you lose access to the drawers of one of the nightstands. The ladder is light enough to move on your own so it's only a slight inconvenience. Just remember to put it back in place if the person in the upper berth is still up there.

To add to what ekerr said... When the ladder for the upper berth is in place you lose access to the drawers of one of the nightstands. The ladder is light enough to move on your own so it's only a slight inconvenience. Just remember to put it back in place if the person in the upper berth is still up there.

So I guess if you are standing facing the two beds that are put together as a queen, then the bunk pulls down from the ceiling over the pillows and the ladder is to one side or the other? To the right side more out of the way, or to the left and by the sofa?

So I guess if you are standing facing the two beds that are put together as a queen, then the bunk pulls down from the ceiling over the pillows and the ladder is to one side or the other? To the right side more out of the way, or to the left and by the sofa?

Dave,

That is correct - and the ladder is to the left, by the sofa. There is also very limited drawer space in that cabin. DH used the nightstand drawers for socks, underwear - I had to hang all his t-shirts etc.

We are booked into a J (inside) quad so I am assuming the upper will work the same way. I'm just wondering how low the bunk is over the pillows. Is one in danger of bashing a head into the bunk above? I'm not too worried for myself as I'm short; my dh is 6'3" however. Sailing in just 10 days. Wee!

Archived