Leaving on the Dawn Thursday Questions

asheskat

On Thursday I am guessing from what I have read on previous posts we should get to the pier around 11-11:30 ? What would be a good time for pick up at the pier when we get back?

Again around the same time assuming the ship is on time....

How soon can we board? My flight gets in at 10, and I have visions of standing in 0 degree weather waiting for passengers to get off the ship

See pic to see what I am afraid of.

What do you think they beam you over to the cruise terminal? You land you get your luggage. You get to the terminal. If you land at 10:00 I would bet you won't be at the cruise terminal before 11:30. If the ship is late you will wait inside.

Not to panic, they have an indoor terminal for you to wait in. You won't be standing out in the freezing cold!

Whew....I see the bow cam pics, and I see all the people standing on a curb with traffic whizzing by...it makes me a bit nervous. (see pic from previous post.)

attachment.php?attachmentid=36152&d=1170689682

Whew....I see the bow cam pics, and I see all the people standing on a curb with traffic whizzing by...it makes me a bit nervous. (see pic from previous post.)

attachment.php?attachmentid=36152&d=1170689682

Those would be people waiting to get cabs home.

Getting onto the ship you're only outside until you get all your luggage together and walk through the doors.

Got it. I had no idea. never been to New york, so this is all new to me. I just saw those people there...I kinda figured they were waiting for something, but I didn't know if was for busses, or cabs, or to get inside or what.

Thanks for clearing that up. Just glad to know that we'll be able to go straight to the port off the plane, and not have to kill 3-4 hours while carrying 2 weeks worth of luggage.

Archived