Merrell shoes

candlelady

I'm about to order a pair of the Merrell Chameleon II Gore-tex XCR shoes that I've read so much about but I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping someone who has these can answer. 1st...what's the difference between the "stretch" and "wrap" ones. 2nd...Do they run true to size..in other words, if I wear a 7.5 in a Nike running shoe, should I order the same?

Thanks...I couldn't decide if I should just take my changes with my regular shoes but these look like something I could wear alot later if they are as comfortable as everyone says.:rolleyes:

merrills are very comfy. my husband only wears them. if you are going to wear heavy socks, i would get a larger size. there was a discussion about them...do a search on this thread.

since you didn't label this "merrill in alasks", don't be surprised if this thread gets moved to another site.

I'm about to order a pair of the Merrell Chameleon II Gore-tex XCR shoes that I've read so much about but I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping someone who has these can answer. 1st...what's the difference between the "stretch" and "wrap" ones. 2nd...Do they run true to size..in other words, if I wear a 7.5 in a Nike running shoe, should I order the same?

Thanks...I couldn't decide if I should just take my changes with my regular shoes but these look like something I could wear alot later if they are as comfortable as everyone says.:rolleyes:

These are the stretch:

http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=39189794&memberId=12500226&storeId=226&catalogId=40000000226&langId=-1

These are the wrap:

http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=39222147&memberId=12500226&storeId=226&catalogId=40000000226&langId=-1

I have own two pairs of the stretch and one pair of the wrap. Both are very comfortable but I prefer the stretch.

The stretch is a more flexible and comfortable shoe. They are very easy to get on and off. They are great airport shoes because you don't have to tie them. After you wear them awhile, the elastic cord gets longer and longer which can be a negative. They are warm in the cold weather (I wore them yesterday in subzero weather and my feet were quite toasty). They breath in the hot weather. In addition to all that, my feet have never been wet. It is truly a great shoe. Sizing is dead on.

The wrap is a very rigid shoe. They are great for hiking uneven terrain. They have lots of support and harder toe box than the stretch.

Both have a vibram sole but, personally, I feel like the stretch has the stickier rubber.

Archived