Not too happy with carnival right now

auntmawa2

I just got off the phone with yet another PVP at Carnival. When I booked this cruise I was told that we would get a certain discount. I just had to send in some verification on this. Today was the 3rd time that I had to fax the information into them, and now I just got a call saying that we aren't eligible for the discount. After all these months they tell me this and our final payment is due on August 17th so instead of sending them $300 to pay it off, now i have to come up with $670 to pay off this cabin! GRRRR--right now I am so so mad at these people. The supervisor NEVER had the PVP call me and tell me this, now they are telling me this--when my final payment it due. I am so mad I could just scream!!!

I can see that you needed to vent ;) but if you provided a bit more specific info the knowledgeble cruisers here may be able to help you figure out why you were ineligible for the discount you thought you should get or if Carnival is wrong.

Thank you for letting me vent.

The person from Carnival just called me back and told me that since we were told that we would get the military discount, then they are honoring that.

Anyways, thanks for listening.

Why had he told you that you would not?? We are military and we always get ours no poblem...except with RCCL. I do know that only active duty gets the very best rate which is a PVM2 and the PVM3 is also discounted as that is how we booked my parents and husbands grandmother's room. Who was your PVP? Mine was a little clueless about it at first but caught on really fast.

I had more or less the same problem. Carnival promised me a certain price. I went through 3 different People and one and a half months of complaining but I finally got it on Monday!! I spend a lot of time being frustrated and mad. I know this cruise will be worth it (conquest 10/24/04)

Archived