Excursions in Montego Bay, Grand Caymen, and Cozumel

LuckyBird

I will be on the Conquest in Sept. with my parents and cousin. We are looking for ideas for excursions that would be appropriate for me. I am 28 and have mild Cerebral Palsy. I can walk without assistance but use a scooter for long days of walking so I don't wear myself out when I am supposed to be having fun. Are there any recomendations for excursions in Montego Bay, Grand Caymen, or Cozumel? We might be intrested in dolphin/stingray swims, tours of ruins and of course shopping. Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

Captain Marvin does a marvelous stingray tour and it's a very small group of people...about 15. They are very kind and helpful. They only problem that you may encounter is getting in the water from the boat.

I have used them twice and once there was a girl in a wheelchair, so I know they can accomodate that.

Here is the website http://www.captainmarvins.com/

I am also looking for Cozumel information, so if you get an excursion for there, please let me know!

Cozumel had wheel chair taxis when I was there in 2005. Ask any driver at the taxi rank to call one for you. I visited Park Chakanaab sp?. You can swim with the dolphins, snorkel, see a sea lion or bird show and see remnants of museum artifacts along jungle paths. The museum was destroyed in a hurricane. I found it a fulfilling day on my little scooter.

• 2 weeks later...

LudkyBird; we (party of 5; including one adult wheelchair bound with MS) booked "Swimming with the dolphins" at Discovery Cove in Ocho Rios last December. We booked the tour through the ship (Rhapsody of the Seas). The tour operator had a handicapped van with wheelchair lift waiting for us at the pier. The driver was super! Our visit to Discovery Cove was outstanding. The people there were wonderful and went out of their way to insure that our handicapped friend had the experience of her life swimming with the dolphins. I can't say enough about how accommdating they were and I highly recommend them. I would not take a powered chair there due to the sandy conditions. We were able to borrow a wheelchair from the ship.

Archived