Wish me luck!

Monte

I have a 2nd interview this Sunday with NCL to work on the Pride of Aloa! Wish me luck

What job are you trying to get on the ship? Much luck to you. If I was not married I think working on a cruise ship would be a fun job. We will be on the Aloha on 10/31

For the Asst. Hskp. Manager. I'm married with no children and hubby is supporting the decision. I'm currently attending a beauty school to become a nail technician and hope to change departments later on.

Would love to know what they have told you about the job. Hours, shift, days off etc. We all heard rumors about what the crew gets, would be nice to hear some details. Sure it may not apply to all positions, but it I'm sure would be of interest to anybody considering working on the ship.

GOOD LUCK! HOPE YOU GET THE JOB!

Thanks for all the well wishes! Here's the update: I had an preliminary interview and was to have receive another call last night, but never got one. The job is in housekeeping, which is what I had originally applied for, but since that time I have enrolled in school to become a nail technician.

The spa area is run by another company and I have gotten their email address, so I will contact them as well. Norwegian employees work a 4 mth. contract and they work for 10 hrs. per day, 7 days per week. They do not get any days off during that 4 mth. period. The spa employees get 1 day off per week. I'll keep you posted as soon as I get more information. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok gang...I'm in! NCLA offered me a position last week and I accepted. Iam currently in school and won't finish til Sept. 30th, but that is fine with them. They will fly me to Hawaii, sometime in Oct., to do the safety training and depending if I pass, I should be on the Pride of Aloha in mid Oct.

Thanks for all the well wishes and I'll see you on the Pride!

Ok gang...I'm in! NCLA offered me a position last week and I accepted. Iam currently in school and won't finish til Sept. 30th, but that is fine with them. They will fly me to Hawaii, sometime in Oct., to do the safety training and depending if I pass, I should be on the Pride of Aloha in mid Oct.

Sounds great Monte.... since you have been involved in the poa postings you sure have a leg up on knowing the reported problems and concerns of the passengers..... Being married could be tough being away from your family but you could really learn a lot and enjoy working on a cruise ship...

Have you ever worked on a cruise ship or worked in a management position in housekeeping before? Good luck

Have a successful training session and a positive experience with your new venture. Congratulations.

NMNita

P.S. they did mention sending me to Germany in the spring to help in the set-up for the Pride of America! Yahoo!!!!!!!! If you remember, look me up on your next cruise and say "Hi" Aloha!

Monte...... With 11 years of hotel housekeeping management you should be a strong canditate for ncl and the poa..... Let us know how it progresses and your final decision..... Hawaii and Germany would be a great experience if you can work out the difficulties of being seperated from your husband for so long.... Maybe he can move to Hawaii and live on one of the islands where the ship spends the night each week?

NCL and the POA have many problems with room cleaning and service as you know by reading the older reviews of C.C.... It is our understanding that a new Hotel Director and a new Housekeeping Manager have taken over those duties on the poa... We hope you will be part of the on going improvements of this ship....The lack of good management on the poa has been a major problem I believe...

Let us know if you qualify and accept the job.... Good luck and continued success with NCL!

Well I did accept their offer, but I still have to go through the training in Hawaii. Yes, I've read the many posts about the cleanliness on the rooms and hopefully with my years with the Marriott I can be a positive influence. Hope to see you guys soon!

Archived