Hump Balconies...

danyelle

On the central cabins that are on the hump, is there extra balcony or room space? It seems like the ones on either side of the middle cabin all have larger balconies but not the central ones.

Anyone with experience being in the very middle of the hump?

the hump cabins directly in the middle are a bit bigger but nothing you really notice. We have stayed in that cabin twice. It's neat because you can see towards the front and back of the ship. When you are on either side of a hump, you can't see past the hump. We always try to get that cabin when we book our cruises.

No, the hump cabins are not any larger than the same category elsewhere on the ship. They have the best view, location and some balconies are bigger. ;)

I can explain why we book middle of the hump.

It is not the balcony size that attracts all people to the hump cabins.

The hump cabins with the larger balconies are the two, on the very beginning of the hump, on either side of it. Not all ships are like that. You have to look at the Deck plans.

For the view. We book the center of the hump, a normal size balcony. You can see from the front of the ship to the rear.

The privacy. No one can see into your balcony because you are sticking out further from the ship than all the other cabins.

The great location. Right near the elevators, but you hear no noise because you are behind a wall in your hallway.

To be able to see straight down to the water because you are actually sticking out over it.

There is no noise from the stairs, the Centrum or the elevators.

I hope this helps you.

Cabin E2-6318. It is a handicap cabin, does this make it any larger? I am so excited that I got this cabin. I was hesitant about booking and then the rep from RCCL called and wanted to know if we were ready and I told her that it looked like the cabin (on the hump) was not available and she had this one available. Woo-Hoo, I booked immediately.

We were just on Explorer last month and had similar cabins. Didn't have the same cabin as you, but, DH and I had a JS mid-hump (great view!) and his mom had an E2 handicap access. Her cabin was fantastic. A mid-hump cabin is no bigger but an access cabin is. Almost as large as our JS, well laid out and (of course) easy to move around. She appreciated the lack of step-up (threshhold) in the doorways and support bars in the bathroom. Wheelchair moved easily through the room. I think she had a chair and a loveseat. Sounds like you scored!! Enjoy!

We just booked Freedom 4-22 sailing cabin 8338 and was just wondering if anybody recently had this cabin and would like to share the balcony pictures with us:) thanks

10-1-2006 Freedom of the Seas

4-22-2007 Freedom of the Seas.... I can't wait!

Believe it or not, I was fortunate enough to book three hump cabins in a row on AOS. We had 8612,8614,and 8616. The cabins were beautiful and all the same size. The bacony for 8614 was the biggest of the three, just one off from the center.

Maddle

Archived