Waterproof camera case

Tati1216

Just got back from Cozumel and used a camera case thru aquapac. It worked great at keeping water and sand out of our camera. The only problem we had was seeing thru the view finder to see what you were taking a picture of ( our camera has a small view area) when underwater. Very dry-it's guaranteed to 15 ft. Picture quality is very good. email is http://www.aquapac.net I think we paid around 30.00 for it. Good luck

I have a Canon A510 with the waterproof case. It is GREAT! Pricey at about $150 but worth every penny!! Liked it so much I got one for my wifes Casio EX-S600. We just came back from Cave, turtle and lagoon snorkel in Calica with Edventures...

fish.jpg.f218e85d4bfa45c29664fd0f7617dc87.jpg

turtle.jpg.5d5157f23ea74583b5254dfa35470f7c.jpg

I do not have one but have shopped for one and have ask many questions about them.

First what jakedoc said is true very hard to see, but we used the water cameras and they posed the same problem.

Second, there is some care to them also, trying to keep the gasket around the case flexible and keeping it from drying out has to be done.

Also, we usually ungrades our camera every 2-3 years so therefore we would have to purchase a new water case.

We used the water cameras and they really done a good job.

Good luck.

I just returned from a cruise and used the brand new underwater housing made especially for the camera. It was pricey, about $250 just for the housing. BUt it worked very well. However someone just made a very good point, you do have to maintain the housing, keep the gasket clean and flexible, make sure there are no particles of dirt or sand and if you do upgrade your camera every so often it could be costly. I do have the aquapac for our camcorder and it is too awkward to use.

The photo shop on the ship had waterproof reuseable water cameras for sale. Very inexpensive. About $20. I did get one of those just to see if they worked. I can honestly say it worked fine. Did not have all the fancy things mine underwter housing has, but then how often are you going to change scene modes or picture quality while underwater. I think you are better off going the less expensive route.

Good luck with your pictures.

Annieeee

Thanks everyone for the replies:) I have a disposable underwater camera I was thinking of using. The reason I'm considering buying the waterproof case for my camera is to cut down on cost in the long run. If I use the disposable I have to buy a few cameras for the cruise since I'm a shutter bug. Then comes developing them and getting them put onto CD. Not to mention we live in Florida and like to go to the beach, water parks & theme parks like Seaworld so we always end up buying disposables. At least with my digital I can pick & choose the photos I want to print and save the rest to CD. Raceroc Thanks for sharing your pictures & Annieeee thanks for the heads up on maintaining the gasket it makes my choice easier to make.

i bought a dicapac case ... although i havent used my camera underwater yet, i tested the case with paper inside and not a drop of water got through

also was inexpensive at $35-40

i chose this case over the aquapac b/c they have a list of which case will fit your specific camera and it has a removable lens which makes for perfect pics instead of shooting through plastic

http://dicapac.co.kr/eng/index.htm if you're interested!

I just purchased an underwater digital camera from Walmart for $27.88. The waterproof case is removable and it comes with the software and USB cable to download the pictures to my computer. I don't know anyone who has used this before but I was going to buy 3 disposables for $25 and then pay to develop so even if it's not the greatest picture I still spent less.

If anybody has used this, please let me know what you thought about it.

Archived