Need advice...moderate accomodations in Rome

LaPaloma

Four of my female friends are taking a tour of Italy...then want to stay in Rome for 4 days on their own. The only place we have stayed is the Excelsior..which is costly. They wan ta nice...safe...accessable place that will not break them. If you have recommendations..it would be greatly appreciated..thanks. Lola

Lola,

I don't know how the pricing compares to the Excelsior, but I enjoyed my stay at the Regina Baglioni in Rome and would highly recommend the hotel (http://www.baglionihotels.com/pages/eng_hp_roma.jsp). It's conveniently located across the street from the US Embassy, very safe and well maintained. We were very pleased with the accommodations and service.

Also, thanks for your description of Dubrovnik on the other thread. It sounds like an amazing place.

Smooth sailing,

Zach

The Hassler is the one to pick if money is no object.The location at the top of the Spanish Steps is wonderful and the view from the rooftop Restaurant cannot be beaten in Rome.The driver guide that I use is Nick Solpaca from Top Tours of Rome,he knows every stone in the City and helps you avoid the long lines that are inevitable.

We always stay at the Hotel Bourgognoni. It is only 4 star but is in a very good position (near the Trevi Fountain and the Via Condotti) and is pretty reasonable for Rome - £176 for a double room per night including all taxes (that is with Expedia in August). We have stayed there a few times and have always been satisfied. They have their own website which I don't have to hand at the moment but you can pick it up from Expedia or Tripadvisor.

for all of your suggestions. The hotels sound wonderful. The ladies need a moderately priced reservation..thus...shefinch..I have passed along your recommendation...that is within their realm and well located. If others have suggestions..they will not be booking until the weekend. Lola

This hotel is a well kept secret by those that stay there. We have had two wonderful stays at the Hotel Lancelot. It is very small and intimate but has rooms with beautiful balconies looking onto the Coloseum. Very close to transport and very helpful staff. http://www.lancelothotel.com/location.htm

The price is very reasonable but you must book early to get the best rooms. I think we paid about $150.00 US including breakfast.

Archived