Does Carnival offer snorkling lessons in the pool?

Sandi149

Hi folks,

I was wondering if Carnival offers some sort of snorkling lessons in the pool? My husband and I would like to do some snorkling on St. Thomas and Virgin Gorda when we go on our cruise in June and we are totally newbies to the sport. If they don't, would we be able to practice ourselves with the masks and tubes early in the morning before most people go in?

Thanks. :)

Hi folks,

I was wondering if Carnival offers some sort of snorkling lessons in the pool? My husband and I would like to do some snorkling on St. Thomas and Virgin Gorda when we go on our cruise in June and we are totally newbies to the sport. If they don't, would we be able to practice ourselves with the masks and tubes early in the morning before most people go in?

Why not find a pool in your area, so you can practice anytime you like.

Hi folks,

I have not seen it and would highly doubt it, especially since they do not allow pool toys, flotation devices, etc.

I am not a strong swimmer by any means but the first time I went to Mexico and took a snorkeling tour, the operator was very helpful in giving pointers and showing how to clear your mask and snorkel. Don't be afraid to ask questions and don't forget a waterproof camera. You won't really be able to look through a lens and take pictures but hold the camera out, shoot and you will more than likely get some great shots.

I have not seen it and would highly doubt it, especially since they do not allow pool toys, flotation devices, etc.

I am not a strong swimmer by any means but the first time I went to Mexico and took a snorkeling tour, the operator was very helpful in giving pointers and showing how to clear your mask and snorkel. Don't be afraid to ask questions and don't forget a waterproof camera. You won't really be able to look through a lens and take pictures but hold the camera out, shoot and you will more than likely get some great shots.

Even if we don't do the snorkling correctly we will have a lot of fun. We are both pretty good swimmers so I don't think it should be too difficult to learn. I already bought 2 waterproof cameras.

Hi folks,

I don't believe Carnival offers this, but you certainly could go to the pool very early before anyone's there. I encourage you to practice at least once before you go. Last summer, we planned to snorkel in a couple of ports. I purchased snorkel equipment for my DDs and myself (the idea of renting a snorkel kind of creeped me out!). We flew to FLL two days early and my 11-year-old DD got me in the pool and taught me everything I needed to know! It was very easy, but I'm so glad I practiced before our first snorkel stop!

Have a great time!

Jayne

:)

Archived