New Info I found out about Carnival

auntmawa2

Interesting. Eight weeks out is a long time. Can't imagine how that would work for the cruiseline, the way they juggle cabins around with bookings the last coupla months. But, ok - thx. Oh, was this the same PVP you were having so much trouble with?:confused:

I would have to question how they could do that as well??? I could understand maybe 2 weeks, but 8 weeks.... things can change so much in 8 weeks. I would venture a guess that if 8 people call, there will be 8 different answers to this... otherwise, what is the point of booking a guarantee?

The info is correct however there are stipulations that come with that. All cabins must now be printed on the documents so that's why they're assigned 8 weeks out. The cabin is still subject to change by Carnival. The guest cannot call to change their cabin if they don't like the one they've been given.

Just FYI cabins have always been asigned way prior to the cruise but no one was allowed to tell us what cabin we had because people would call and complain about it and cause havoc.

Ok if we are assigned a cabin,on a tba cabin ,how do we find out what cabin we are in??We booked 3 cabind cat 8a, we asked if we are on same floor,they said rooms not assigned till last day. so how do we find out where we are staying?thanks Larry

Hogwash, spewed by some $10-an-hour Carnival employee wishfully trying to make policy out of rumor. :D

My May cruise on the PRIDE, I had a 1A guarantee that was changed so "last minute" that even at the pier where I picked up my docs they still had the "old" paxs name on my upgraded cabin (to a 5A). Had to have it changed over at the sign'n'sail photo check-in. I assume the pax that originally had the 5A I got, experienced the same thing as they were upgraded the last minute. :)

Has anyone called and checked on this...someone who has a TBA cabin within the next 8 weeks. We do have a TBA cabin also, but I am 9 1/2 weeks out so I will be calling once I hit the 8 week mark.

Larry, the only thing I can tell you about your three-cabin booking is:

I've been told by my PVP that if cruises are booked (as in your case at the same time), they are "linked" in the computer - and will be 'near' each other, and the dining room assignment will be together.

I booked a 1A guarantee and my cruise is less than 2 weeks away - my docs arrived with TBA listed as my stateroom and my PVP said I wouldn't find out which room I was assigned till I got to the pier.

Jen, that is the way it is supposed to work... and hopefully you will receive an upgrade at the pier!!!!

I still will never understand why people book a guarantee and then from then until the time they cruise, they drive themselves crazy trying to find a cabin assignment... why book a guarantee in the first place if you can't wait????????? Even if you do drive yourself crazy and find an assignment, many times that is a placeholder and can still change up to the date of sailing... just seems like a waste of time, IMHO... If I could not wait, I would book a specific cabin...

I see the hosts are right on top of this post! LOL!!!!! :D

We were on the holiday in April and booked a 4A guarantee, when we got our cruise docs, the number on the back of our sail and sign page had the booking number followed by E150 and then some other numbers, we were on the empress deck cabin #150. Our friends had E154 on theirs and to be sure, they were in cabin 154. This time we're going on the Jubilee out of jacksonville and booked an IS guarantee and our tickets say U199 after the booking number on our sail and sign. I'm guessing I'll be on the upper deck in cabin 199. Try looking for that and see if it works.

Wouldn't finding out your cabin number 8 weeks out spoil the fun? Don't you people who book them need an element of suspense in your life? Personally I don't know how you do it. I've got to know which cabin it is and it has to be one I picked.

I tried the guaranteed thing one time and said never again...

I just can't see you not having this intrigue in your lives so I think we need to think of other things to take the place of the uncertainty you used to have about your cabin, should this come true and you CAN find out.

I suppose some possible replacement worries could be:

• Don't assign members of you party to the cabins you book, let your
    TA do it but not tell you. See who gets to be Uncle Festers cabin mate.
  • Each member of your party gets a box with a can in it to carry on. Everyone has a can of Coke except for one that will have a can of C2 Explosives, get pulled out of line by the FBI and sent to prison.
  • Don't check your available credit on your credit card before you leave and just keep charging till you get a call from the pursers desk - the fun part is guessing when that will be.
  • Wonder: Will there or won't there be Fruit Punch this time?
  • Hope: Maybe they brought President's Butter back.

I just called Carnival and the PVP I spoke with said that they do not assign cabins to GTY passengers 8 weeks out.

And really, as long as the room is on the ship, who cares? :D

Do you mean someone may end in a life boat instead than on the ship itself, or, worst, be left at the pier?

:P :)

I just called Carnival and the PVP I spoke with said that they do not assign cabins to GTY passengers 8 weeks out.

And really, as long as the room is on the ship, who cares? :D

As usual, different answers from different people at Carnival. It's very typical.

Chris!;)

Well, I'll tell y'all this... I have never booked a guarantee before, because I liked choosing my cabin. HOWEVER, this upcoming cruise, I decided on a guarantee - just for the element of surprise. It's just another 'adventure into the unknown'. (I'll be happy with it, no matter where it is - and I don't intend to try to find out.)

Hey, kiddos, at my age, there are very few surprises left, so I know I'll have one in store for me on November 1.:D

BINGO! That is exactly what I noticed. I also have a GTEE room and on all my cruise docs (in the obvious places) it just reiterates GTEE and says cabin tba along with the gray luggage tags. On the website it also says this, but on the back of my S & S card in my cruise documents...along the bottom it has my booking number and directly following that is M238 (then a space, and then other numbers looking to be the date and such). I did that method thing where you try and order something on the carnival website and sure enough it is a match. So even though you all think you haven't been assigned a cabin when you book a gty...the info is right there in your cruise docs all along. Sorta like Dorothy always having the power to return home and she didn't know it. hehe. Of course, as we know, this can change at a moment's notice. Since it is still a GTY, there is always a chance for a last minute upgrade. It will be interesting to see if M238 is our cabin number when we arrive at the pier this Sunday. I will let you all know when we return.

So even though you all think you haven't been assigned a cabin when you book a gty...the info is right there in your cruise docs all along.

Actually, that's not always true. Mine did not have a cabin right after the booking number on the back of the sail & sign form. Instead it had the letters TBA where some have found the cabin number. I have read here that others have had the same thing. I did try that "other" method that we aren't allowed to talk about (what can I say, patience is not in my vocabulary :D) and I did find out my cabin number that way.

Actually, that's not always true. Mine did not have a cabin right after the booking number on the back of the sail & sign form. Instead it had the letters TBA where some have found the cabin number. I have read here that others have had the same thing. I did try that "other" method that we aren't allowed to talk about (what can I say, patience is not in my vocabulary :D) and I did find out my cabin number that way.

Oops...didn't know it was a no-no to talk about that "other" thing. Also,

I guess what I meant was that IF there is a number directly after your booking number on the bottom of the S&S in the cruise docs, then chances are it is your cabin number.

Kapcruiser- calling carnival will not tell you your cabin number and I am sure they will just tell you what they told you because they don't want people complaining early on (if they don't like their cabin). But check the back of your S & S card on your docs...at the bottom directly after your booking number. See if you have what looks to be a cabin number.

Here's what I was sent

IMPORTANT UPDATE

Effective immediately, TBA CABIN ASSIGNMENT will be released to our valued guests starting 8 weeks prior to sailing dates. The reason for this is tickets need to be printed with cabin numbers to allow for a smoother embarkation experience.

This may result in an influx of calls from your guests who may not be pleased with their cabin locations. These assignments are final. Therefore, it is MANDATORY that TBA Policy is adhered to at all times. Please remind your guests that TBA cabins are NOT guaranteed to be near each other. Furthermore, if additional cabins are purchased as TBAs at a later date, cabins near each other will be definitely unlikely.

All TBA bookings MUST be documented accordingly.

At time of securing the bookings, please explain to your guests the differences between selecting TBA versus Cabin assignment. Do not promise what you cannot deliver. You cannot confirm TBA cabin locations.

Archived