Tampa - Doubletree Westshore/Airport??

keishashadow

Have been going crazy trying to find a hotel that offers both a complimentary shuttle from the airport & to cruise dock in Tampa.

The Hilton suggested their sister property: Doubletree Hotel Tampa Westshore Airport.

Booked it @ $119+ (ya', I know should of used priceline, etc...it's our 1st time out of Tampa; wanted everything to be smooooooooth).

Anyway, some very nasty reviews on trip advisor.:eek: Take a lot of that with a grain of salt; it's supposed to be a 3 *.

All I'm really looking for is reliable shuttle service & a clean, safe room...will I have it here?

The hotel is adjacent I-275 at Westshore. It's not in a good neighborhood so don't be wandering around outside unless you're headed over to one of the nearby strip clubs. I've not stayed there for years so can't tell you about the hotel rooms. Seems like Doubletree Hotels are usually kept in good condition. The International Plaza shopping mall is about 2 miles north of the hotel and if they offer transportation there too and you have time, it's an excellent indoor mall with a lot of restaurants.

BobK/Orlando

A good read for you is this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=108072&page=18 starting around post 700 (Rebecca jo)

Neighborhood is just fine. It's hotel, restaurants and upscale strip clubs. International Mall is less than a mile and could be walked to if you really wanted. Westshore Mall is even closer.

It is a great location as far as being close to things...other than strip clubs.

You have the Westshore mall with many top notch restaurants (The Famous "Palm") and then the other direction you have International Plaza with top shops, and again great food (ex: Cheescake Factory) Practically next door you have my favorite restaurant in the entire Tampa Bay area,,,,Charley's!! Absolutely yummy melt in your mouth steak!! I would stay there just so I could make a reservation and eat there!!

You should be fine. Enjoy your stay...

Archived