dolphin swim/Carnival/Cozumel

adoptmom

I was wondering if anyone has thoughts on the dolphin swim at Cozumel. My 8 year old is dolphin obsessed and we want to do either the encounter or preferably the dolphin swim. Does anyone have an approximate cost or age range for this? I'm also wondering if we could book it ourselves and have a better experience. Thanks!

sorry but I have never done this so can only relay info, nothing 1st hand. It's $75 to do the encounter, $125 to do the swim according to Cozumelinsider.com. Lots of info at that site. Good luck deciding.

If he is "dolphin obsessed" I'd sure consider doing the swim, it would probably be a very big event in his life. Though that's sure a lot of money! (this coming from a mom who paid about $300 to take my DD to Shania Twain~~~and yes, she is "Shania-obsessed"! Her reaction to the concert brought tears to my eyes, so it was money well spent!

Penny

Disney Magic Eastern 7/2003

Spring Break 5 days onboard Celebration! Mar 22 '04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=006400&cdt=2004;03;22;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Aug 1 '04 Carnival Elation--Our 3rd Cruise!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;1;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Hello, Adoptmom.

I know you were hoping for some answers from people who have BEEN, rather than people like you who WANT To...(which I know you will get great answers from these wonderful board folks SOON...) but I wanted to let you know we are researching the same thing.

My daughter has a fear of fish, but is willing to try the dolphin discovery experience. I heard it is much less expensive and you have more options and more times than the one that Carnival offers -- and it's cheaper -- by going direct to www.dolphindiscovery.com. Others have used the insider as well. I'm still researching and shopping, having only booked our 8/29 Conquest cruise last week.

I also noticed your screen name was "adoptmom." I'm not sure if that means what it says, but I am also an adoptive mom of two -- a 14-year old boy and 10-year old girl, both from Colombia. Boy, am I blessed!

If you can, please write back and let me know when you are going.

Thanks, and enjoy all the fun with your f icon_smile.gifamily!

Cinderellie

Honeymoon Dolphin 1982

Royal Caribbean 1985

NCL Norway 1989

Chandris Bermuda 1990

Princess Alaska 1993

Big Red Boat 1998

Disney Magic 2002

My friend and I did this in Cozumel with my dd,age 13 and her son, age 10 and daughter 8. We did the swim and all of us loved it. I would recommend it, it was money well spent to do the swim-I don't think I would have felt the same about the encounter.

Patty

Pride of Aloha

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;7;18;20;0;00&timezone=GMT-1000

Hi,

We are on the Triumph 5/15/04 and my son (8) and I have already booked the Dolphin Swim and Snorkel. We are both sooo excited!!!! I can let you know first hand our experience when we return.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;15;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  til' our family sets sail on the TRIUMPH!!!!!!!!

4/03 Paradise Honeymoon

4/99 Ecstasy

Cinderellie,

Yes, I'm an adoptive mom too. My dolphin obsessed 8 year old daughter is from Calcutta, India and I have a son,6, and daughter, 4, who are US born. We're getting in a big cruise/disney vacation in this year so we can hopefully bring number 4 home next year.

We're probably not going to get to do the swim unless I can find reservations off Carnival. My son wants to go too and he's only 6. I'll check out the website you sent though. Thanks

Wow! You're going for #4??? God bless you!!!

I just hit 45, and I am really enjoying my kids on auto pilot -- "go get dressed", and they DO -- right now. That's it for us.

Good luck finding some better-priced alternatives to the dolphin encounter. There's also a sea lion encounter -- I don't know if that's available to the younger ones, but it sure sounds like fun!

www.cozumelinsider.com

Good luck!

Cinderellie

Honeymoon Dolphin 1982

Royal Caribbean 1985

NCL Norway 1989

Chandris Bermuda 1990

Princess Alaska 1993

Big Red Boat 1998

Disney Magic 2002

• 4 weeks later...

We did the dolphin encounter in November 2002 when our children were 9 and 5. Our 5 year old was too young for the swim, but we all loved the encounter. The prices are on the website mentioned earlier, but I didn't see the age requirements, but I remember there being one. Anyway, we kissed the dolphin (what incredible pictures) and were able to touch it. It did jumps etc., while we were in the water.

Also, Chankanaab is a beautiful park. We loved the sea lion show, the Mayan village, etc.

I hope you have a great time, we sure did!

Sun Princess 6/04

Fascination 4/03

Nordic Empress 11/02

Sensation 6/00

Disney Magic 12/99

Dolphin Seabreeze 9/89

(it sank 12/00)

Archived