Just back from Magic 1-20-07 with 21 month old and 4 yr old

cruisebermuda

Hi!

We are just back from our FIRST Disney Cruise! We traveled with a party of 7 (my mom, dad, sister, husband, 21 month old girl and 4 yr old boy ( whose bday was the last day of the trip!)). I had been on 35+ cruises prior to this one, and thought I had seen everything in cruising before.

Well, I was quickly shown the Disney difference!

We LOVED our trip, and want to thank the posters who gave us all the fun info prior to the trip. Momx4Grandmax4 gave us the great idea about bringing the pillowcases and sharpies on board for the characters to sign. They turned out beautifully, so THANKS!!

The kids program was unlike anything I had ever seen (and I participated in many of them as a child myself). The room for 3-4 years (Oceaneer's Club) was gorgeous, and I was completely impressed that I was allowed to bring my non-potty trained child to the activities as long as I stayed there. The majority of ships will not allow this. This was my son's 5th cruise, and the first where he could actually enjoy himself! The programs were first-rate, and the counselors were running a tight program...specific times for handwashing, bathroom breaks, etc. The room would be transformed each time a new activity was introduced...something only Disney can do right! One of my favorite things was that the characters would often come to the kids room as a surprise treat...such a nice touch. One day they took pictures of the kids, each individually, with Mickey and gave a copy to each child. Nice, since photos on board are expensive (though beautiful).

The shows were SO great. We had stopped going to shows on most cruise lines, as they seemed to have gone downhill, or repeat time after time. Here, I felt like the production shows rivaled what Disney does on Broadway.

The characters were completely accessible...which was really fun. My kids were still a little scared, but seeing my daughter hug Minnie at the end of the trip was amazing.

Castaway Cay - I don't even know where to start...possibly my favorite port EVER. Just gorgeous, totally accessible for all passengers. They even have a soda machine running so you can get water or soda for the beach. Nice touch. I know people have complained that unless you get off the ship right away, you will never get a chair. Well, our ship was at capacity, and we didn't get off until a little after 10. We had no problem finding chairs, and in fact, many stayed empty near us. Maybe this changes when the weather is much warmer...our temps only went into the 70s.

I didn't get to experience a lot of the adult-only things, but my family did...and raved about them. It is really nice that the ship can be gearing activities to such a wide range of ages.

I did take spinning classes at the gym several times. Most lines charge $10-15 per class, here they were complimentary. You just had to get there early to get a bike.

OK, I could go on, but work is calling...

Can't wait for another one!

Archived