Rhapsody of the Seas, first timer on RCI 4/8, any pointers?

Lightsluvr, I will have to see if I can find the cat you mean. My mom tells me all the cats at Hemingways house have 6 toes and that I need to go look at his cats too. I wish you could go too. I'd love to meet all of you nice people one day face to face. Come on along??....

I'm really looking forward to seeing Key West again. I moved here from Boca because my parents live in Texas and were getting older and I used to be able to drive down to Key West, and loved the drive, so this will bring back lots of memories. The good news is it is so much cheaper to live in Texas now than Florida and Im not working so have time to cruise for the first time in my life.

Ask about the trained cat and locals will know what you're asking about. The six toed cats may still be at Hemingways' house unless the USDA gets their way. It raised a big stink down in KW.

http://www.decaturdaily.com/decaturdaily/opinion/editorials/060731b.shtml

We're trying to keep it quiet about how cheap it is to live in TX and OK. We don't want the snow birds to find out.... :-)

LL :rolleyes:

Hi TexasKeyStone and Lightsluvr, you both sound like happy cruising folks.

I like Trivia, but dont think I am good at "name that tune" TexasKeyStone. Lightsluvr, sounds like there will be TOO much to do in Key West to get it all in. I do want to walk to the Southernmost Point and get back to the Mallory Square by sunset.

I want to find a place called Peppers in Key West that someone posted about, sounds like our kind of food, we like hot stuff. Iv been getting lots of good ideas here on CC :)

"Peppers Of Key West".

They sell hot sauces, gourmet foods and

pepper-inspired kitchen stuff. We love it because you

can sample the hot sauces at no charge at the tasting

bar. They provide tortilla chips for dipping, and you

can purchase beverages.

You all have made me feel better about deciding to go with Royal Caribbean. I had not really been following that cruise line, but it's time to learn.

Lightsluvr, nope I wouldn't tell how much of a bargain it is to live in Texas. When I moved I sold my deep water condo and decided to rent. I cant believe how cheap it is to live here, so I have money for lots of cruises I figure. Shhhhh, it will be our secret.

BonNYTX now who in the heck is Henry?? lmao.

Henry is the blue (not sure if he comes in other colors) vacuum found on the RCCL ships. He has an adorable face and has taken on a whole personna all his own. He has quite a following. You can see what he looks like if you go to post #16-brn2cruz has him as her avanter. No he doesn't wear a cowboys uniform but that face is exactly what you can see on any given day in the cabin hallways. Quite a few have his likeness on their posts so be vigilant. You never know where Henry will turn up!

people from other states, especially CA, are amazed to see housing prices in TX - soooo cheap! Just wait till you see our property taxes, though...ouch!

What exactly is "ouch"? Taxes on my medium-sized (4br, 2.5ba, about 2K sq ft) split level on 1/3 acre run $11K per year.

people from other states, especially CA, are amazed to see housing prices in TX - soooo cheap! Just wait till you see our property taxes, though...ouch!

What exactly is "ouch"? Taxes on my medium-sized (4br, 2.5ba, about 2K sq ft) split level on 1/3 acre run $11K per year.

Henry is the blue (not sure if he comes in other colors) vacuum found on the RCCL ships. He has an adorable face and has taken on a whole personna all his own. He has quite a following. You can see what he looks like if you go to post #16-brn2cruz has him as her avanter. No he doesn't wear a cowboys uniform but that face is exactly what you can see on any given day in the cabin hallways. Quite a few have his likeness on their posts so be vigilant. You never know where Henry will turn up!

What...Henry does not wear his uniform all the time??? Wait till I can my hands on that little canister :D

Whats up bonnie !!I sure do hope you can make our little group!!1

What...Henry does not wear his uniform all the time??? Wait till I can my hands on that little canister :D

Whats up bonnie !!I sure do hope you can make our little group!!1

Cat, I am going to try real hard to see if we can make your Voyager cruise. Lots of dynamics to work out in addition to DH's business plans. I know lots of people wanted a larger ship out of Galveston but sure wish we somehow could keep the Rhapsody at least part of the year in Galveston. <sigh>

Rick (Sailvester) hope you and Chris are well. Sure was great meeting you on the Rhapsody. Now doesn't that seem so long ago??? It's been exactly one month today that we boarded and I stopped expecting turn down service with a chocolate on my pillow <double sigh>

OMG...Where we live in central MO, our taxes on a 3br, 2ba, 1500 sq.ft. on 1/2 acre are around $500.00. I don't think I want to move to TX!:eek:

I am so glad that I found you all on this thread. I have said in another thread that my TA literlaly was mad that I chose this ship. She said I would not be happy.!! She said it is old, run down and too small. But I relaly wanted to go with the itineray so I booked it on my own. THANKS!!!! for the encouragment I am going for my 25th and will be on baord for 10 days. RCCL did say that they would probably put on some new staff as they are preparing to take her to Asia. I appreciate any advice or help. Karen`

Rick (Sailvester) hope you and Chris are well. Sure was great meeting you on the Rhapsody. Now doesn't that seem so long ago??? It's been exactly one month today that we boarded and I stopped expecting turn down service with a chocolate on my pillow <double sigh>

Hi to you and Jack. We are doing OK. We really enjoyed meeting you guys and are only sorry that we were unable to visit more during the cruise. We were in a small family group of six, and were also part of the Hughes Brothers VIP group of about 45 people. (You may recall the Hughes Brothers provided the nightly entertainment in the Broadway Melodies Theater on 1/19/07).

The associated group activities, coupled with the port-of-call excursions and the myriad of other things going on aboard ship didn't seem to leave us much time for visiting with the M&M group. Obviously, everyone had their own agenda and pretty much went their separate ways after our Monday get-together.

I can certainly see how a cruise on the Rhapsody can trigger an addiction. After only one cruise on her, Chris and I came away feeling this was a special ship. The crew was fabulous, but I think what makes this a special cruise is the overabundance of good ole Texans!

Hi to you and Jack. We are doing OK. We really enjoyed meeting you guys and are only sorry that we were unable to visit more during the cruise. We were in a small family group of six, and were also part of the Hughes Brothers VIP group of about 45 people. (You may recall the Hughes Brothers provided the nightly entertainment in the Broadway Melodies Theater on 1/19/07).

The associated group activities, coupled with the port-of-call excursions and the myriad of other things going on aboard ship didn't seem to leave us much time for visiting with the M&M group. Obviously, everyone had their own agenda and pretty much went their separate ways after our Monday get-together.

I can certainly see how a cruise on the Rhapsody can trigger an addiction. After only one cruise on her, Chris and I came away feeling this was a special ship. The crew was fabulous, but I think what makes this a special cruise is the overabundance of good ole Texans!

Of course I remember the Hughes Brothers. Are you all Hughes "groupies"? How did you get to be part of their VIP group?

Amazing the smooth seas and perfect weather we had every single day of our cruise. I wonder how the passengers faired on the cruise after ours. And you are right about those fun loving Texans. We sure are a friendly bunch!! I might be in Texas only 3 years and 4 months but I already passed friendly 101 :D

Of course I remember the Hughes Brothers. Are you all Hughes "groupies"? How did you get to be part of their VIP group?

Amazing the smooth seas and perfect weather we had every single day of our cruise. I wonder how the passengers faired on the cruise after ours. And you are right about those fun loving Texans. We sure are a friendly bunch!! I might be in Texas only 3 years and 4 months but I already passed friendly 101 :D

Don't know if we qualify as "groupies" but we do enjoy their performances.

Chris and I have been getting together once each year with her two sisters and their husbands. For the past 5 years we have met at Branson, MO for a few days, taking in several shows while there. We always go see the Hughes Bros. show, and found out they plan a couple VIP cruise trips each year. This year it was to the Western Caribbean in January on Rhapsody and to Alaska in August on Radiance. The Alaska cruise should really be good as their performances will include their families, i.e. wife and kids. Just wish we would be on board.:)

Agree our recent cruise on Rhapsody was almost a perfect cruise. Would have been perfect if we would have been on board a few more days.:D

Seems like I saw a thread somewhere on the forum that indicated the trip following ours was not quite so smoothe. Looks like the Gods smiled on us.

Is the ship in dry docK?? Will it be ready for April sailing??The RC Agent at our cruise show said it would have new bedding and flat screen tvs. I do hope it is. All the pics he had look really nice and comfortable. I was on the maiden voyage for this ship in 1997 and several times after that.Guess this trip will be an anniversity with me and the ship>lol

Archived