Sun Beach or Bannister Island?

disneygirl8

• 1 month later...

we decided to go on carnival's private island beach break to bannister island. we had a great time. the island is beautiful, very clean, cute little gift shop and a great bar. the water is beautiful and locals are friendly! I recommend it if your looking for a day at the beach to soak up some sun.

pam

I just got back a few days ago from my Glory trip to Belize and we took Carnivals Private Island Beach Break excursion. I chose this one becasue it leaves from the ship which saves you time having to tender into Belize then taking a water taxi over to Bannister Island. All I can say from my familys point of view was GREAT!! Our boat was the first one on the island that morning and we only had about 20 people or so on the tender from the Glory. We had the Island to ourselves for quite some time. The beach was all nice white sand, which had been raked prior to our arrival. The water was clear and blue and they had lots of beach chairs spread out all over the island. They do offer Kayaks, I think paddle boats too as well as a snorkeling trip right from the Island. The Kayaks were for 1 or 2 people and you paid something like $10.00 for each set of oars / paddles you wanted. If two of you wanted to go and only one wanted to paddle then the other person was free. They also offered floating mats for the water or you could lay them in your beach chair and have something soft to lie down on, these were free. The snorkeling tour only cost $20.00 per person, they left right there from their docks, takes about 5 - 10 minutes to get out to the reef and your there for about an hour. People who went said they had a great time and saw all kinds of fish and coral.

Once you get on the Island your given a red ticket which is good for either 1 free Rum Punch or Fruit Punch. They also have a big bar area where they serve top line liqours. I've got a picture of the drink prices if anyone wants them. Their restaurant servered up some good BBQ chicken, fish tenders burgers and such. I think the highest price was $8:00 for the BBQ chicken.... which I highly recommend. They also offer an outside shower to rinse off as well as a nice changing hut. They do have a kids area that has a nice slide, swings and such. I'll be glad to e-mail any or all of the pictures that I took there if you think they may help you out in any decisions. We had a great time and would recommend this trip to anyone. Hope this helps, Jim lt2345@aol.com

Archived