What to DO? Got room on Priceline, now need another

MamaParrotHead

Booked our room on Priceline way back in August for our April cruise. Got Crowne Plaza MIA. Then there were just 4 of us travelling.

Now there is an additional couple, with another couple currently debating on going. No WAY am I going to sleep 8 adults in one hotel room.

Now the problem is, where can they stay that isn't going to cost them an arm and a leg? Neither of the 4 of them has ever cruised before, so I don't trust meeting them at the pier.

I was wondering about having them try to bid on another hotel in the MIA area, then seeing if they could shuttle from their hotel to the airport, then the airport to our hotel before heading to the port the morning of our cruise. We're taking a limo from FLL to our hotel the night before, and I don't know how much they'd charge to drop them at another hotel.

Any ideas, anyone? They're fairly clueless when it comes to travelling, so I'm trying to find the easiest, cheapest way that doesn't involve everyone bunking on the floor of OUR room.

Thanks.

See what's cookin' at http://www.biddingfortravel.com Place your bid for a hotel in the MIA zone, and if successful and different from your hotel, suggest when you leave in the AM to the pier, have your cab stop by their hotel and have their cab follow you to Pier.

Can I assume that just having them reserve at your same hotel WILL cost them an arm and a leg?

But for us, since we're not even arriving until 11:00 p.m., $225/night is an arm and a leg (compared to the $100 we got it for on Priceline).

Thanks for the suggestion. Right now I'm just waiting for the other couple to decide, one way or the other, and get ON with it. :rolleyes: As long as they met us at our hotel in the morning, I guess their staying at another hotel wouldn't be a biggie.

I hope you are aware that you may not get two beds on your originally booked room. Priceline rooms (and pay scheme) are only designed for 2 people. You may also have to pay extra with 4 people. Right off the Priceline website:

Hotel Accommodations and Special Requests. All Name Your Own Price ® hotel reservations are guaranteed for double occupancy (one double bed or two twin beds). Priceline.com requests that our hotel suppliers provide non-smoking rooms. However room assignments are based on hotel availability and are at the hotel's discretion. We cannot guarantee a non-smoking room, nor can we guarantee you will have one bed or two.

And again:

Maximum number of people per room: 2, whether they are adults or children.

If I read your post correctly, MOST hotels will not allow check in on a Priceline rate for 4 ADULTS. They MAY allow check in for 2 adults and 2 children, but NOT 4 adults. Completely against Priceline policies. Better check this out thoroughly.

Most likely you will get two beds, but there are hotels that only have one bed for their Priceline rooms. As I generally travel solo, it not a problem. However, Marriott LaGuardia presented a problem-traveling with a business associate. She ended up getting another room AT FULL RACK RATE-over $250.00. Not a pleasant experience.

Now to your problem-Book them into whatever hotel you find-cheapest, easiest, etc. Tell them to get in a taxi and go to your hotel. Then you can all go to the port together.

Going to the airport, then going to your hotel make NO sense. Way too complicated and dragging luggage all over the place. And IMHO, is kind of cheating-using YOUR hotel shuttle to get non hotel guests to YOUR hotel. Just tell them to get a taxi-MUCH easier.

After I get a winning bid, I always call the hotel directly and make my requests for bed type and smoking preferences. Have never had a problem getting 2 beds when I needed them. Since you are arriving late, I would definitely call ahead and insist on 2 beds in case they are fully booked.

As for a second room, check your reservation on Priceline. Many times I have either seen options or gotten e-mails (can't remember which) asking if I wanted to extend my stay a day or add a room at the same rate. You can always give them a call. Never hurts to ask

Since you are arriving late, I would definitely call ahead and insist on 2 beds in case they are fully booked.

You can insist all you want but priority goes to non-Priceline guests. :cool:

Archived