reserving deck chairs..

zero_krizma

:confused: ok so theres a lot of stink about saving chairs on deck..i dont plan on saving a chair and then walking off to go explore the ship but if i want to get up from my chair to hit the pool for say 20 minutes or so and leave my stuff there(because obviously i cant take it it in the pool)does that mean im saving it?if ive been in it for 2 hrs already and just wanted to take a dip?am i just asking someone who sees me gone for 5 minutes to come and take my seat....???what if i have to pee and come back and my seat is occupied by someone else?all i can say is that whoever has taken my seat will be in for a rude awakening...but your input on this matter will be greatly appreciated

Technically, yes, it is saving your pool chair if you put something on it to go for a swim or use the facilities, but that's not wrong or bad. That's what should be happening. Chair Hogs are people who save seats over extended periods of time - often at different locations so that they may follow the sun around the deck.

Anyone who is around you will be able to vouch for you if someone comes to remove your item.

Charlie

You should be fine, but you need to keep an eye out for your chair while you are in the pool.

We witnessed a lot of saving chairs on our last cruise. On sea days people would get up at the crack of dawn and put their towels on the chairs thinking they would still be there at 9:00A.M. RIGHT! I went out on deck around 7 or so to start my day in the sun and new friends of ours had been out there since around 6:45 or so and they told me to just move the towels and I did and around 9 they came out and read me the right act. HE called me every name his idiot mind could think of and I just sat there and pointed to the sign posted right above him. My new friends stood up and told him to move down the road! Some people!

Honestly though you should not have a problem and I really don't think that is saving a chair in the chair laws! I can only imagine how things would be every time someone got up to use the restroom, take a dip in the pool, it would be a full day of musical chairs! :D

We found on our cruise last week that if just beach towels were left on chairs they were removed after a period of time, but if you left your bag on the chair it was not bothered.

Whenever I would go to grab a bite to eat or swim I put my bag on the chair and let the people next to me know what I was doing.

It's amazing how when you go by the pool at 8am there are towels laying on all the poolside chairs with no one in them.

I think that most people get irritated when chairs are saved for hours on end while the saver is nowhere in sight. If you are getting up from your chair to go to the bathroom or to jump in the pool for a quick dip there shouldn't be a problem (not to say that there aren't some out there who would get upset about it). If, however, you are going to go have lunch in the dining room or you don't plan to return within the next 20 minutes or so, I wouldn't be surprised to find your stuff moved.

thanks for all the feedback...and i guess chair saving would be the last thing i should be worried about on a cruise..i just dont want anythng to spoil mine and my b/f first cruise ad 1st vacation in a really long time.does anyone know f the lido deck is less populated..ive heard other ppl say that that is where they spent most of their time because the crowds were almost nil there.

i just dont want anythng to spoil mine and my b/f first cruise ad 1st vacation in a really long time.

Nothing can ruin your vacation unless you let it. Don't sweat the small stuff. If someone thinks they're more important than I and should be permitted to cut the tender line or the buffet line or whatever, I just let them. I'm never in a real big hurry and I live by the "what goes around comes around" philosophy.

does anyone know f the lido deck is less populated..ive heard other ppl say that that is where they spent most of their time because the crowds were almost nil there.

The crowds thicken the closer you get to the pool. Unless you absolutely have to be at the water's edge, stay a fair distance from the pool and you should be fine.

If you're concerned about your chair when you get up, just leave something besides your towel there, like a paperback book or a bathing suit cover up. The chair hogs only leave pool towels there because they're gone so long they don't want to risk losing any personal property. Another safeguard is having your traveling companion in the chair next to your's.

I personally carry the deckchair around with me: into the dinner hall, when I go to the bathroom and especially when I go for a swim. If my room steward would let me I'd even take it back to my cabin.

:D

People object to unattended reserved chairs for long periods of time. Getting up and grabbing a drink, some food from the buffet to eat at your chair isn't a problem. When I go swimming I'll swim for up to an hour or so, but still 'hog' the chair because I need somewhere to leave my glasses, towel, book, drink etc.

I follow the simple rule: if I can see the chair then I ain't hogging it, I'm using it.

Archived