Noumea Tour

stretts

Hi Stretts, we're going the Le Petite train which is a very good way to see Noumea and afterwards the guys are doing the Jet ski and us girls are going to have a look around town and maybe have a drink!!

Last year we did the helicopter tour and it was fantastic. A couple of girls we had dinner with (50+ and 24) did the areoplane tour for half an hour and said it was also fabulous.

The push bike tour also looks interesting.

kerri

Hi, we went on the jet skiing tour and really loved it. So much so that we have booked it again on our next cruise (19th Feb)

You shared the Jet Ski with your partner or friend and at the half way mark they asked if you wanted to swap the driving position. Nobody on our tour swapped over though.

It really was a blast.

One small down side though, one of the girls in our tour group didn’t listen to the instructions for stopping and managed to crash her jet ski into the line of parked jet skis. The owner of the company flipped and started yelling at the girl. It was an honest error but due to nervousness she started to giggle and he went right off. In the end we had to tell him to back off as he was getting pretty nasty. Ok she made an error and there was some slight damage but he was over the top.

We have also done the Dumbea Kayak tour, this was good but nothing special to remember Noumea by. Also it was spoiled by two guys not showing up at the right time and we had to drive back and pick them up from the Warf, this reduced our tour time by 30 minutes. If you can’t turn up and wait with everyone else then you should miss out. I can’t see why we all had to be penalized.

Visiting the aquarium is very good and I believe they now have a new aquarium to what I went to last time. I plan to grab a taxi and do this again after our Jet Ski tour.

We have also jumped onto a bus and gone to Anse Vata beach, did a bit of sun baking, and then found a café where we sat and had lunch and watched the world go by.

Noumea can be a unpleasant stop over but it is up to you what you get out of it.

I hope this helps.

I've cruised to Noumea twice before and didn't like it - dirty and dry. This time we did Le Petit Train and we saw a whole new side to Noumea. I can thoroughly recommend Le Petit Train and you have plenty of time to do it on a 3pm arrival. Best if you are on the late dinner sitting because you can then do the sunset Petit Train.

Archived