What can you tell me about Victory?

akchic

Getting ready to book our first cruise and was looking at the Carnival Victory. Here's a few specific questions:

1. I am a non-smoker. I read somewhere about the smoking issue. Are there non-smoking cabins? Are there non-smoking and smoking areas? Has this been a problem for anyone?

2. There will be four of us travelling. My husband, myself, and our two children - age 16 and 19. Could we all actually fit in one room?

3. Anything else you'd like to share about the Victory?

Thanks much!

THere are no smoking or non-smoking cabins, but there are smoking areas. The dining rooms and the main lounge are non-smoking. Just about everywhere else seems to be smoking, but I have found the ventalation system to be pretty good. Just my opinion. Again, IMHU, I am not sure about the 4 in a room. I have done it and it was fine, But I was with 3 friends, not family. :) The truth is, you do not spend much time in the room. The main problem for us was showers before dinner, which was easily solved by coming up with a schedule and a volunteer to go to the spa to shower, (the showers are great there). The rooms are small for 4. I think many are about 185 square feet. I think you can get a few more feet from an oceanview as opposed to an inside or balcony. I love the Victory, have sailed her twice and I am sure whatever you decide, you will have a great time.

The Victory is fantastic! Above poster made some great points about showering in the Spa. Am considering a CTN with my DD and new DIL in the spring and for three women in one cabin the Spa shower would be a great idea. Your kids will have such a wonderful time that the cabin will be for sleeping and changing clothes. :D

I agree with the other posters and loved the Victory. If you can find a great deal, then I might recommend booking a Category 11 to get some more space in the room, a full size bathtub/shower, and a refrigerator. Or....... Try booking the kids in their own room (an inside category 1 guaranteed and hope for an U/G)... You might find that booking 2 rooms could actually come out to around the same price and the comfort will be worth every penny!

We cruised on the Victory, a family of four in a balcony stateroom. There was plenty of room in the cabin and we never had a problem getting ready for dinner, etc. Just set up a schedule and you'll be fine. The Victory was an awesome ship and we'd cruise it again in a heartbeat.

we were on the victory in May.. The ship is beautiful...at least we thought so, but we didnt care for the food very much. We had a bad room stewart (imagine that) who let us run out of drinks in our room and i guess just didnt want to put ice in our cooler. I would bring my 5 yr old milk back to put in cooler and it stayed hot....oh well.... our dining room waiter wasnt very friendly either. But besides all that we had an awesome time. For the price and the itinerary you cant beat it. But the Imaginations staff was alot friendlier and more efficient. Smoking is allowed in the bars and anywhere out side. Everywhere else is suppose to be smoke free. hope this helps!

Susan

Archived