Bringing Drinks Onboard (nonalcoholic) allowed?

Gon2hwe

Yep...our first stop after we leave the airport will be Costco for soda, bottled water, and some beach "stuff" we don't want to pack like towels, sunscreen, etc. (maybe a collapsible insulated cooler of some kind too!). I remember the last time we were there they had some absolutely beautiful leis that were very reasonably priced, so we might purchase some of them also (just to get in the spirit of things).

The idea is to restock the sodas and fruit drinks throughout the cruise. While there is no limit, when people start bringing several cases of sodas and fruit drinks, that will be the end of of it. Many have suggested they have brought a double six pack or two, which should get you to the first port of call.

You don't need to hide the sodas either, just stick a luggage tag on them and they will arrive to your cabin like the rest of your luggage. Be sure to stick the luggage tag on very good, some have reported they didn't get theirs. I think their tag fell off.

I thought I had read that you were only allowed to bring one six pack of water or soda on board.

Thanks for the help!

Definitely not the case. However, as Don just pointed out, if and when NCL decides that people are abusing the privilege, they may change their policy and clamp down. A couple 12-packs, even a case of water, shouldn't be a problem.

Archived