Credit given w/rccl air package?

mgkdk

Has anyone received a credit on their cruise when they also purchased the air package with it?

Our 3/31 cruise went down by $380pp, but TA doesn't think we'll get credit because the air was a "special" price when we purchased the package.

Any help or advise would be appreciated. Thanks !

Has anyone received a credit on their cruise when they also purchased the air package with it?

Our 3/31 cruise went down by $380pp, but TA doesn't think we'll get credit because the air was a "special" price when we purchased the package.

Any help or advise would be appreciated. Thanks !

If the cabin itself dropped in price you should get the difference. I can't see where the added on airfare should have anything to do with it. I have had air and cruise and have gotten discounts on the cabins.

TA just called. RC is saying that in order to get the reduced price they would have to cancel the entire reservation, rebook, and that the air wouldn't be guaranteed because of no flights available at this time.

Does this sound right? Really like my TA, don't know if RC is giving her the run around or maybe just to busy to argue.

is the great (oh by the way) on the statement of a sale price. I am seeing ads at TA's for reduced air for many cruises. The TransAtlantic we are on 4/16 is sold out other than inside cabins which are move than we paid for our D1 AFT. Yet other TransAtlantics have plenty of rooms & are priced stating reduced air! Our air was over $200 PP more than the D1.

So your booking may be reduced air price but the stateroom is a sale for new bookings only. Check other online TA web sites to see if they are both air & room on sale. If so, get a new TA!

Hi,

I found the same thing with our TA. If you have airfare you can't get the better price unless you cancel and rebook. In which case there are cancellation fees as well as the chance of not getting any airfare etc.

Since we are on the topic of airfare I'd just like to throw in my rant! 8)

We booked our cruise for 12 people last April (it's coming up in March). At the time they said they only had 6 seats for RCL airfare out of Ottawa. So the rest of the people were booked out of Toronto (a city 5 hours away). When we spoke to RCL they said that is just the way it is and they would waitlist the other people for an Ottawa flight, if they decide to offer more.

After about half a year, we asked again and again. The answer was always we think we will get flights but we can't tell you yet.

Finally they said. We still don't know, but if you want to pay more for the flight and $50 each for "Custom Air" we can get you out of Ottawa. So that's what we did.

But in my opinion it's pretty crappy that with a year's notice RCL couldn't get 6 seats sometime out of Ottawa for the regular price, and that they kept dragging us along for so long.

Anyway. It's all in the past now and it's almost 1 month away to cruise time!!! Whoo -hooo.

Bye,

Opitus

Archived