NZ Orbitz Restaurant Question

SPARKLE10

Hi:

We're staying a pre-night at the Carlton, in NZ, before our cruise on the Sapphire Princess next month. Does anyone know how far the Orbitz Restaurant in the Sky Tower, is from the Carlton? We were thinking about eating dinner there the first night. Is this a good choice? I'm more interested in the view than the food personally, but it would be nice if we had both.

Any info will be appreciated.

Happy Cruising.....Sparkle 10 (Anita):rolleyes:

Hi Anita

It is only an 8 to 10 minute walk from the Carlton to Sky City. I have been a few times taking overseas visitors and never had a bad meal there. Haven't been for a few years thou. It is very popular so you will need to book online to get a table.

good luck

Dennis

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Again:

Thanks to everyone for your replies and useful information. I think we will book on-line for the 7PM dinner. A little off the subject. We'll be getting to NZ early in the morning and I'm not one who can sleep on planes....does anyone know if you can check into your hotel early? I'm not sure what we'll do if we have to wait until 3PM to check in. I'll probably be sitting in the corner of the lobby somewhere falling asleep at the wrong time again. I just wish I could sleep on planes like everyone else. I just got a prescription for some Ambien CR from my doctor yesterday, so maybe that will help.

Thanks again......Sparkle 10 (Anita);)

Archived