Royston tour review

Joby

We,( my sister, our 77 yr. old Mom and myself) just returned from our 11 night Celebrity Galaxy cruise. Pre-cruise I had emailed many times with Royston of Royston Island Tours to get everything set up.

The week before our cruise, Royston emailed and we had a snafu, but in the end it all worked out WONDERFULLY!

Liz Periera from this board, was also so helpful to us to try and get our snafu ironed out. She went above and beyond the call of duty for us. Thanks Liz, we surely appreciate it:)

We met Royston outside the port area at 7:30 am. He took us to some of his "secret" spots on St. Kitts. We saw green Vervet monkeys, goats and beautiful views of the island and our ship.

We then met up with Royston's cousin Ashton who had an A/C van. So, off the 5 of us went for the whole day and toured the entire island.

We went to the Brimstone Hill fort, saw sugar mills, churches, villages, Caribelle batik, and the most panoramic views of St. Kitts, snorkeling and everywhere in between.

Royston is a St. Kittian native, tri-athlete, cute, fun and the most gracious host one could want!

He told us about the history of places we saw, the animals, the plants, the Veterinary college, and lots of insider info. He showed us his home and told us about his family.

Royston provided lunch, drinks and marvelous coconut popovers. We took as much or as little time as we wanted everywhere we went. Stopped MANY times for pictures or to look at something a bit more closely.

We snorkeled and ate lunch at a spot where we were the only people. The snorkeling was great. Royston is a great swimmer as he is a tri-athlete. He told us he has even swam from St. Kitts to Nevis!

We couldn't have asked for Royston and Ashton to take any better care of our Mom. She loved them!

Pre-cruise, I had asked Royston if I could stop and get some stamps from St. Kitts, along with a Carib beer to take home to my husband.

When Royston greeted us at the dock, he had already gotten 2 sets of stamps and had them post marked too along with a few Carib beers!!!! Is that customer service or what???!!!

Our day ended too soon around 4:00 pm.

St. Kitts is a beautiful island. We would love to go back on a land based trip!

Royston is one of the kindest and most fun guides we have ever had. We had a BLAST with him and his cousin Ashton!

Royston also does bike tours and mountain climbing, as well as island tours.

If you want a great and fun guide for St. Kitts contact Royston at:

roystontours@hotmail.com

Archived