Solo Cruiser

lgfromdg

My daughter & I are on the Jewel in March and my sister may be joining us. She would be traveling solo. Can you tell me if her cost would be 2x a single passenger's or is some kind of discount applied? If there is a discount for a solo traveler, would it matter if she booked directly with NCL or a TA?

If she gets her own cabin she would be a single traveler and pay a rate almost double of what one fare would be if two in her cabin.

If she is in your cabin with you and your daughter, she would pay a "third person" rate which is usually about half of your rate. Go figure!!

As far as who to book with it really doesn't matter but I would book everyone with the same person/agency to coordinate cabin locations. Myself, I have used online TA's with good results and pricing but only agencies where I can speak to a LIVE person to book and not just fill out a form online to book and pay.

You should consider getting a bigger cabin and staying with 3 in the cabin. Unless of course you don't get along well with your sister. :rolleyes: but then why will you be bringing her along?

Check the price for a mini-suite for 3 and compare it to 2 cabins, one with the single rate. Depending on the ship, many have cabins that will comfortably fit three. Just make sure you do the research and know the sq. footage and bed configuration.

We had 4 in a superiour inside on the Sun. It was plenty big. Some ships it is wall to wall bed.

The single supplement varies by sailing, but typically is the price of two people in the room (but less port fees since only one person is going ashore).

Some TAs will through in a gift for booking with them. That may sway you toward the TA. Usually you don't get the best deal going directly with the cruise line. It may not be worse, but is rarely better.

Archived