Princess Shore Excursions

nycruise

When you pre-book shore excursions on the Princess website, are you billed immediately?

Also can you add and delete excursions online after you pre-book?

Thanks!

1. No, charges for shore excursions appear on your shipboard account, unlike Carnival, which does bill you ahead of time.

2. I know you can add them, and I believe you can also delete them.

When you pre-book shore excursions on the Princess website, are you billed immediately?

Thanks!

No you are not billed immediately. it appears on your account when you check in on the ship. It will be on your statement. And yes you can add and delete excursions after you pre-book. There will be notices in the Princess Patter if you wish to cancel 24 hrs in advance of your excursion.

Marilyn

1. You are not billed immediately. You are making a "reservation" and when you check in at embarkation, the excursions will then be billed to your onboard account. Your tickets will either be in your cabin or delivered by your cabin steward shortly.

2. You have until 24 - 48 hours before the excursion to cancel or change. A notice will be in the Patter with which ports excursions are closed the next day and the time. You can just drop the tickets off at the desk or in a box in front of the desk (the Shore Desk does not have to be manned to cancel your tickets).

You can add, delete, or whatever your shore excursions up to 5 days before your cruise when the Cruise Personalizer locks you out. But as mentioned, you can add, exchange or cancel excursions once you board. Check your onboard account to confirm any changes. The final amount will be on your onboard account when you disembark.

Yes, MOST excursions can be cancelled 24-48 hours before the port day.

However, there are a few excursions that have more restrictive cancellation policies such as helicopter and dog-sled tours if I remember from our Alaska cruise.

If there's a chance you'd want to cancel, be sure to read the Princess excursion writeup very carefully to be sure there is not printed cancellation restriction BEFORE you book the excursion.

Yes, MOST excursions can be cancelled 24-48 hours before the port day.

However, there are a few excursions that have more restrictive cancellation policies such as helicopter and dog-sled tours if I remember from our Alaska cruise.

If there's a chance you'd want to cancel, be sure to read the Princess excursion writeup very carefully to be sure there is not printed cancellation restriction BEFORE you book the excursion.

If there is an overnight stay involved, such as the overnight trip to Cairo, you are not allowed to cancel, at least not in the last month.

The excursion is only billed to your account when you take the excursion. You will have tickets in your cabin but if you cancel at least 24 hrs in advance you are not billed for the excursion. Also, you may have tickets in your cabin but if not enough people sign up the tour maybe canceled. You will be notified at least by the night before the excursion. This makes it difficult to fill that empty spot since at that late date many are filled. Early on talk to the Tour Desk about the possibility of one of your tours being canceled.

You can cancel and change your reservations on-line. Some people may line up 2 or 3 on-line then cancel when they have made up there mind.

Also check the tour desk on the ship. Sometimes new tours are added after you have sailed. They are usually highlighted on the posting.

There is a period before sailing where you cannot add, change, or delete excursions; I think it is like 72 hours before sailing.

There is a period before sailing where you cannot add, change, or delete excursions; I think it is like 72 hours before sailing.
It's 5 days. At least that's when my My Princess cruise options were removed and the travel summary and e-ticket available only as a printable html page.

Thanks!

You may change/delete/add to your tours once onboard. Your confirmation will be in your cabin with a notice of the last day/time you can make changes. You are billed at that point.

Archived