Question about "Meet & Greet"

clerky96

When I took my first cruise in Sept '05, I was active on the Roll Call, but (because I was sailing with my sister and 2 other women) I didn't sign up for the meet & greet. I didn't know what would be going on that day and I didn't want to say I would be there and then not show up. As it turned out I could have gone to the meet and even walked by to see if there were many people there. There were. I would have loved to have "crashed" the party and met some of the people on Roll Call, but since I didn't sign up, I passed. Do you think it would have been okay to go in even though I hadn't signed up? On our '06 cruisetour to Alaska, our Roll Call set up a time to meet and no one showed up except us. It was just a "lets meet at such n such at 4 pm", nothing through the cruise line, but it was a disappointment. We did meet one of the posters on the board because he had his pic on his signature, and I just went up to him and said, "Are you such n such". Enjoyed a short visit. We are sailing this month and our Roll Call has set up our own meet & greet. I will be there even if no one else shows up again!

Now, my question is, should I contact NCL and tell them we are having this meet and see if they will send someone? Would that be a problem since we have already set up our own time and place for the meeting? I have read there might be a few "perks" involved if we do it through them. :D

Archived