Beware of cabin D737 on the Diamond Princess

Mauizach

Just to let everyone know cabin D737 on the Dolphin Deck is listed as a Mini-Suite.:confused: But it has two twin beds unable to convert to Queen, no couch, Shower only, the cabin does have the large balcony, but really is not like the picture of a mini suite. Princess took very good care of my family during the cruise and handled the issue quickly. My hats off to Princess, it is not a bad cabin just not what you expect so beware before booking it. Unlike most posts about Princess Service, this one example is where they get 5 star for the way they handled this. They moved my family to another mini-suite, and my TA even gave me 50 ship credit for our trouble. Of course that was spent quickly!:D But it was a GREAT cruise!!!!!

That's so odd. Was there the extra space with the extra tv where a couch would go? These rooms do have the extra space with an extra TV and until this post I thought all of them have the loveseat. This is the first I have heard that there was no loveseat. (Perhaps it was damaged or out for repair or cleaning? Just guessing.) Rooms were originally designed for handicapped access, but the doorways were too narrow. Shower is the big one with the floor drains instead of the lip. Hopefully they update their deck plan info. Deck plans have always been marked with an * about these cabins--it should not have been a surprise, although I realize many cruisers or their TA's do not look closely at the deck plans. Also so the cruise fare is corrected to the right category/type of room. Its a mini-suite and correctly priced.Good thing they had another room to move you to. Thanks for the warning. :)
These rooms (on all the Grand class ships) are perhaps not well-known for this 'problem' but it is marked as such on the deck plans and should not be a surprise to anyone who books them....threads pop up on this issue from time to time. Here is similar one from last week, complete with pictures and a solution to the 'non-converting' bed layout.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=9002900&postcount=7

Casshew, Did you see this part?

These rooms do have the extra space with an extra TV and until this post I thought all of them have the loveseat. This is the first I have heard that there was no loveseat. (Perhaps it was damaged or out for repair or cleaning? Just guessing.)

Archived