Looking for Golf - Tauranga NZ

waterlizard

Hello we are cruising on the 12/9/2007 Celebrity Mercury sailing. Pre cruise we are golfing at Carrington and Kauri Cliffs on the North Island. We are looking for a recommendation in the Tauranga area. Since our ship will be in port from 7am to 10pm on 12/12/2007 we are hoping to get in 18 holes of golf, along with some local culture and or a winery visit. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

if you check out the mount classics site you should find a ton of stuff there. They may have a golf tour listed.It is usually at the top of this page but if like me you have ads turned off you may not see it

they also have links to all the ports of call in NZ.

A great site

karon

I have also been trying to figure out which course would be a really good one. There seem to be quite a few. wairakei internatioal golf course near lake taupo looks like a beautiful course, but I am not sure if it is realisitc to get there and back and still allow enough time to look around. Can anyone tell me how far of a drive it is from this port? Thanks

We received some information from a local tour agency. The Waieraki International course at Taupo would be the nicest but it is a 100 minute drive from the ship.

They also provided the following information

Costs of courses as follows:

Green Fees Cart hire

Mount Maunganui $70.00 $35.00

Tauranga $50.00 $25.00

Rotorua $60.00 $35.00

Waieraki $135.00 $40.00

We are probably going to book Mt Maunganui from them with a local winery tour after golf.

Happy Golfing

I have also been trying to figure out which course would be a really good one. There seem to be quite a few. wairakei internatioal golf course near lake taupo looks like a beautiful course, but I am not sure if it is realisitc to get there and back and still allow enough time to look around. Can anyone tell me how far of a drive it is from this port? Thanks

Yes, its a great course, one of NZ's best, an easy 100 minute drive from the port. For a real wow day you could also enjoy a helicopter transfer back from the course and really see some amazing scenery, even take in lunch at the 5 star Huka Lodge, though you would need a local outfit to help set that all up, one of the others posters here i think has mentioned being in contact with one already. Regards Pheonix

Archived