10 Ships, including NOS and FOS, in Grand Cayman on the Same Day?!?!?!

I just checked the cruise calendar and see that there will be 10 ships, including Navigator and Freedom, in Grand Cayman on February 21 (the day that I will be there on NOS). This sounds insane! Any idea how this will affect the tender situation -- assuming that the weather is perfect and everyone has to tender?

The other ships there that day are: Rhapsody and Jewel, Carnival's Conquest, Triumph and Valor, Celebrity's Constellation and Century, and Costa's Costa Mediterranea.

I've heard that there are lots of tenders and should be no wait in the morning to get off the ship -- which is good because we have to get off early for a private excursion.

Anyone been in this situation lately? Can you share your experiences?

Wow, and I thought the 6 we had with us in Cayman was a lot and this was pre-freedom

How early is your excursion? Be warned that those on ship's excursions have priority on the tenders and you will most likely have to get tender tickets in the am. You might want to be there very early to get the earliest available.

Ugh. I know this will be insane. The thing is that I can get my family to where they need to be on time. But, our group has 17 -- some are better than others at timeliness. I'm not going to worry about it. We will do the best that we can.

Anyone else been on Navigator Western Carib lately and have this situation in Grand Cayman?

:eek:

I just checked and I think there are 'only' 5 ships on Feb-21 in Georgetown, Grand Cayman.... so may not be so bad

Thank you for posting this!! I must have put in Feb 21-Feb 22 by mistake! Five of those are there on Feb 21 and the other five on Feb 22. Whew. What a ridiculous mitake I made!!

Maybe I should just get back to work and stop obsessing :D .

Ugh. I know this will be insane. The thing is that I can get my family to where they need to be on time. But, our group has 17 -- some are better than others at timeliness. I'm not going to worry about it. We will do the best that we can.

Anyone else been on Navigator Western Carib lately and have this situation in Grand Cayman?

We sailed witih a group last year with some that were more "ontime " than others. What we did is we told them the time to be somewhere 1/2 hour to 45 minutes earlier than they had to be to make sure they were ready. My other advice is to give everyone their OWN excursion tickets, tell them the procedure for getting off AND getting the tendering tickets. And then YOU stay out of it and worry about YOUR family only. If they miss out on activities because of their tardiness then it is their problem not yours. Don't let the logistics of every thing be your problem and ruin your vacation.

Did you guys see in this months Porthole Magazine the new Dock is opening??? Anyone know if RC will be able to dock there instead of tender?

I haven't been there in a couple of years...........

I could be totally wrong on this...........but swear porthole had a brief news article on this.........but it didn't say even if it was open.....who is using it..........sounds like tender it is:)

Archived