What to do with the time?

After arriving in Miami, take a cab to the shopping area down by the port. there are good restraunts and you will see you ship. It is a short ride to the pier. Arrive around 10 or 11 and you should be able to board quickly. I forgot the name of the shopping area, sorry. But all the cab drivers know where it is.

Have a great cruise

It is the Bayside Marketplace and I don't think it opens until around 10:00am.

You have all been super helpful! Thanks so much! I love the Holland Limo service idea (and whoever had the idea of the blankies and a nap!).

Also - the resort/spa morning sounds great -- please post if you find out anything that will work!!

Thanks again -- these boards are the best.

You all have been soooo helpful. I am glad I jumped in on this post. I am realizing now what a very loooooooong morning we would have without it. ok so here is the scoop on the spa idea. It does work. Marriot Harbor Resort and spa has an option for non-guests. You have to purchase a 50 min. treatment and then you have free rein of the spa, pool, gym, showers, etc. They open at 7 am and are about 5 min from the port. They were very nice and said they would be happy to store our luggage. The least expensive 50 min. treatment is a pedicure for $60. Since I got my pedicure yesterday, not really an option for me. ($27 for mani and pedi at my local salon) They also have a spa cafe that opens at 9 am and a starbucks in the hotel. If you are wanting to super relax and be mellow this is the way to go. We figure it woud cost us at least $250. Since the other treatments are at least $115, plus tip for each of us. I was all excited about this idea as I could curl up in a spa robe have a massage/nap and get the rest of my 8 hours in a lounge chair. DH not so keen though...He hates to nap and says he won't really relax until he is on the ship. Knowing him I have to agree. Plus after a massage which is the only treatment he will really do in a spa, he is zombie man for the rest of the day.

So we decided to rent with Holland Limo. They will pick us up at 8:30 curbside and get us to the port at 11:30. We don't want to have to wait at the port also. Plus that gives a little extra time for flight delays. They are $40 per hour with a 3 hr. min for a Lincoln Town car. The driver will show us around, take us to the beach, etc and keep our luggage. The company was super professional on the phone and very nice. :) One thing to note, if you are a no show due to flight delays, etc. you are charged the full amount of the rental. I called Travelex and my insurance will cover this. Just added amount to my total insured.

Thanks so much for all your help. We will have such a nicer start to our vacation with all the suggestions. Hope someone else does the spa thing though. Sounds perfect to me. :p

Archived