Florida's Bus Transportation

airlink diva

I'm trying to find out have anyone use HAL's bus transportation in Florida? I'm sailing on the Maasdam in April and thinking about using this service from Tampa or Orlando to Fort Laurderdale. What I want to know is are the bus pick up near the airport? Also, what time do the bus start picking up and do HAL hold the ship in port for bus delays.

Any info is helpful.

This is the bus service that is used in Florida by most of the cruise lines:

http://www.cruise-connection.com/

They usually leave from a McDonalds near the interstate. Their website should give you the closest pick up point for Tampa. It's usually early in the morning and arrives at the ship between 11:30 and Noon.

Route 2 - West Coast - Tampa

City Location Depart Return

Tampa/Brandon McDonald's - 10019 Adamo Drive - Just W of I-75 @ Ex 257 06:20 AM 06:30 PM [ ORDER ]

Sun City Center Denny's - Just East of I-75 @ Ex 240 06:45 AM 06:00 PM [ ORDER ]

Port Charlotte Burger King - 910 Kings Highway - just West of I-75 @ Ex 170 08:25 AM 03:45 PM [ ORDER ]

Ft. Myers McDonald's - Daniels Parkway - just West of I-75 @ Ex 131 09:15 AM 02:30 PM [ ORDER ]

North Naples Burger King - Pine Ridge Rd - I-75 just W @ Ex 107 09:50 AM 01:30 PM [ ORDER

If you are flying into Tampa or Orlando, consider renting a car for the day. There are no dropoff charges in Florida, so you can rent a car at one airport, drop it off at Fort Lauderdale, take the shuttle to the airport and it will be cheaper than the bus if there are two of you.

Archived