How much a cruise really costs!!!

Danno

A customer asked me today how much a cruise REALLY costs me...this is when I figured out the the 10 or 11 day cruises are outstanding value.

A number of fixed costs stay the same wether you sail on a 7 or 10 day cruise...my hotel in Toronto the night before we fly, the cost of parking my car in Toronto, my air Toronto to my departure city, my shuttle etc to the ship and back, gifts for the folks back home, my hotel in Toronto upon our return (depending on return time), clothes that need to be purchased, the cost of my time off work (give or take)...etc.

Take ALL the expenses, add them to the price of your cruise and divide by the number of days you cruise. The longer cruises are GREAT VALUE!!!

Besides a longer cruise is always a better cruise...:D .

I agree Danno, it not only is a great value, but also a lovely way to travel and see places you would never have been able to see otherwise. Flights between cities and countries, hotels, restuarants, etc. would cost a heck of a lot more. What could be more relaxing! Let the ship take you there without luggage hassles, figuring out a place to eat or a place to stay.

Beside the travel to and from the port, really the only expenses you will have is shore excursions (if you take any), beverages (if you drink), and souvenirs (if you buy any), and none of those are necessary (except the travel).:D

Garry

That usually doubles the cost of the cruise for me. Especially my wife's souvenir shopping in those jewelry stores. :(

Beside the travel to and from the port, really the only expenses you will have is shore excursions (if you take any), beverages (if you drink), and souvenirs (if you buy any), and none of those are necessary (except the travel).:D

Garry

Unfortuneatly, circumstances dictate that our next two cruises are 7 day...Bermuda only has 7 day, and our Feb cruise includes our son and he can only be away for that time frame without missing classes...but the chance to spend a week with Matt before he graduates and starts working (hopefully) is something we're really looking forward to :D .

On a per diem basis these are probably the most expensive cruises we'll have taken...

Archived