Had a great cruise on Aloha

jealdaka

Don't you love the ones who relish stewing in their own anger and hatred for this line? OP, I am glad you had a great cruise. Remember, you will always hear on boards from those with a negative experience or negative comments more often because they need someone to listen and want desperately to warn others off. I certainly see how that is really human nature for those who feel slighted, but negative obsession has become the norm for some of these folks. Some try to veil their negative comments with certain carefully chosen words, but it is obvious to the regular reader. Those who had a great time don't waste hours and hours of their days worrying about it and posting the same stories repetatively and obsessively. They go on with life, probably enjoying their days and having positive experiences in other venues as well!! Back to the original topic, I am glad that you had a great cruise and feel it is unfortunate that every positive post turns to poop by some who feel it necessary to try to discredit or disparage positive remarks. Oh well......if hyping on the negative gives them positive feelings......maybe they are getting their joy through this form of negative reinforcement.

enough said.... keep the discussion on the service and food of the poa... It seems the reviews are just about the same... Had a good time but the ship needs help.... Until ncl and Mr Deering decide to go to work on the problems this ship will only be a means of transportation between the island... That is not I paid for when I booked a cruise... The Wonderful Cruise Experience is critical to the rebooking of passengers by any cruise line..

The reviews all state work needs to be done on this ship... We are still hearing of the problems with rooms not being cleaned, not cleaned on time, slow food service and slow buffet service... I have never been on a cruise where those items were ever an issue.... So this cruise for me will be a real test of the new improved ncl freestyle of cruising... where you are free to do as you please and enjoy the food and service of the islands... The ship will be there for your transportation to the next island...

I previously felt these people were wanting help, but when I realized they were only here so we would feel sorry for them they went into the ignore file. Much nicer group now.

-Monte

Don't you love the ones who relish stewing in their own anger and hatred for this line? OP, I am glad you had a great cruise. Remember, you will always hear on boards from those with a negative experience or negative comments more often because they need someone to listen and want desperately to warn others off. I certainly see how that is really human nature for those who feel slighted, but negative obsession has become the norm for some of these folks. Some try to veil their negative comments with certain carefully chosen words, but it is obvious to the regular reader. Those who had a great time don't waste hours and hours of their days worrying about it and posting the same stories repetatively and obsessively. They go on with life, probably enjoying their days and having positive experiences in other venues as well!! Back to the original topic, I am glad that you had a great cruise and feel it is unfortunate that every positive post turns to poop by some who feel it necessary to try to discredit or disparage positive remarks. Oh well......if hyping on the negative gives them positive feelings......maybe they are getting their joy through this form of negative reinforcement.

I previously felt these people were wanting help, but when I realized they were only here so we would feel sorry for them they went into the ignore file. Much nicer group now.

-Monte

The ingnore feature is a wonderful tool. I am sure I miss some good info and positive feedback to the members but that's the price to make this a nicer group.

Everyone can post what they want as long as it stays within the guidelines. We all come to CC for different reasons. Instead of being forced to scan and try to ignore a post the technology alows us to never be concerned with it.

BTW the ignore list is very short most of the members here are wonderful and are only looking to make their next NCL cruise better. I still don't understand why anyone who never plans to set foot on another NCL ship would waste time on an NCL board. As I said everyone comes here for a different reason.

I still don't understand why anyone who never plans to set foot on another NCL ship would waste time on an NCL board. As I said everyone comes here for a different reason.
Hi shoreguy... well, I can understand why people who never intend to sail again frequent the board. They want to share their experiences with interested members.

What I don't understand is the ones that never sailed NCL offering advice. :confused:

Hi shoreguy... well, I can understand why people who never intend to sail again frequent the board. They want to share their experiences with interested members.

What I don't understand is the ones that never sailed NCL offering advice. :confused:

Good Points well taken :cool:

On every NCL cruise I have taken, (including my POAloha cruise) we were given a printout of our charges one to two days before the cruise ended. If you feel stronglyabout not giving 2.50 to the museum there should be ample time to have it removed.
JUst so people know what to expect, on my POA 7/25 cruise, we didn't receive the printout of the charges until the morning we disembarked. It wasn't there by about 11pm of the last night so I went to the reception desk and got a copy. I didn't remove the Bishop museum charges, though, and there was only 1 person ahead of me in line.

Archived