Seattle Question

texascruzer

I have a question that hopefully someone can answer for me. We are staying at the Sixth Avenue Inn downtown Seattle and someone posted something about this hotel that is freaking me out. They said that there were mysterious disappearances at this hotel a few years back and to make sure and not stay on the first floor. Does anyone know anything about this ? Please let me know, cause I am having second thoughts about staying here now. I read reveiws about this hotel and no where did I read anything about this. Help !!:eek: :eek:

I have a question that hopefully someone can answer for me. We are staying at the Sixth Avenue Inn downtown Seattle and someone posted something about this hotel that is freaking me out. They said that there were mysterious disappearances at this hotel a few years back and to make sure and not stay on the first floor. Does anyone know anything about this ? Please let me know, cause I am having second thoughts about staying here now. I read reveiws about this hotel and no where did I read anything about this. Help !!:eek: :eek:

I do not recall any mysterious disappearances from the Sixth Avenue Inn. I have only been into the following DT Seattle hotels;The Fairmont Olympic, The Alexis, The Warwick, Mayflower Park, Westin, Seattle Waterfront Marriott, The Edgewater Inn and the 5th Ave Red Lion Inn. I did site tours, only stayed at the Fairmont. I would read reviews and see how other travelers review it, I like the website tripadvisor for their reviews. I would say if you are not comfortable with your reservation at the Sixth Ave Inn see about changing your reservation to a different hotel or maybe post a new thread on this site titled Sixth Ave Inn and hopefully someone that has stayed there can review it for you?? Sorry I know this is not much help.

Abear2: I stayed at the Sixth Avenue Inn a couple years ago for a convention. I was alone and walked several blocks, alone, to a nearby hotel for convention meetings and dinners. I had absolutely no problems at the hotel and found the room and rates just fine. This area of downtown Seattle is a little run down and I used common sense and did not walk alone late at night and was vigilant, just as you would be in any major city, but, again, had no problems. It was fairly busy property with many customers coming and going out. I'd never heard of any strange disappearances at this property.

Hey that's what I'm talking about. It will only be for about 9hrs or so. Just so it is clean !! I really freak out if I get a room that stinks or is not clean. I would ask for another room if I have too. I think it looks fine and it will be perfect for the price. I will surely let everyone know if it's not ! I can promise you that......

not sure if this the right thread but here goes. lol we'll be arriving sea 5/11 on the vision. our flight is 3:40 sea. would like to do the free zone hop on hop off or a tour. since we'll probably have 3-4 hrs to kill before heading to airport for 1:40 check in. is 1/2 hr enough time to allow to get greylin from downtown to airport?

not sure the best way to gt started. cab to down town ? then what to do with bags? saw on this post greyline stops @ downtown hotel westin?do you think hotel would hold our bags since we're not guests? or any suggestions for baggage?

thanks, karen

not sure if this the right thread but here goes. lol we'll be arriving sea 5/11 on the vision. our flight is 3:40 sea. would like to do the free zone hop on hop off or a tour. since we'll probably have 3-4 hrs to kill before heading to airport for 1:40 check in. is 1/2 hr enough time to allow to get greylin from downtown to airport?

not sure the best way to gt started. cab to down town ? then what to do with bags? saw on this post greyline stops @ downtown hotel westin?do you think hotel would hold our bags since we're not guests? or any suggestions for baggage?

thanks, karen

Last year the RCCL docked at Pier 30 which is just west of Safeco Field, you will need to catch a taxi to get back into the downtown area. I don't know if the Seattle piers offer the valet where your luggage go directly to the airport for certain airlines?? I live here but have never cruise from here I would phone the Westin and see if they will store your luggage. :(

If they don't then I would give the Westin a call and see if they will store your luggage or does RCCL offer a after cruise tour of Seattle? if so they should be able to store your luggage on the bus??

Depending on how much traffic there is it should take about 30 minutes to get to the airport. One thing you should know about Seatac, once you have checked in all of the security gates in the main concord area go to the same place so if the line is too long at one check out another.

Good luck.

thanks for the info. rccl does offers a tour & transfer to sea. it just doesn't look very interesting. really wanted to do hop on off. but not sure with the limited time how practle that will be.lol will call westin & check into the luggage hold.

thanks again..............karen

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you again for all the helpfull information.

I will be staying at the Inn at the Market and have booked a room with a view and was wondering if (1) anybody has stayed there and is it worth the bucks? and (2) is a room with a view worth it in March since it will probably rain and or be foggy?

deb

Very nice botique hotel. Comfy bed, clean, nice decor. View room should be worth it. Seldom is fog so thick you can't see out. Great location - at Pike Place Market, good bus service to Pioneer square, 4-5 block walk to major shopping (nordy, macy, etc) - could walk to cruise ship except for all that luggage we need to haul <g>

Archived