Beware! Cozumel hair braids!

c*est moi

I really am warey about these type of merchants in any of the ports

The braiding is most popular with the little girls on DCL; it looks cutest when they just do the front part. And it makes it super easy to take care of their hair for the duration of the trip! There are always a few adults who get the Bo Derek job and it does look pretty odd.

Happy Sails!

I'm with you, I hate to shop at these ports. Let alone being in a hut for hours with some of these very aggressive people.

WOW...I am pretty sure those are the same two girls a friend and I used but I ended up getting an awesome deal. We both planned to get braids but we were going to do it before we left instead of when we first got there. Well I ran out of cash so I just set with my friend while she had hers done (whole head with beads for 30.00) the girl doing hers kept asking me if I wanted braids and I told her no. Then the other girl showed up and showed me a book. I found a really cute style I liked 1/2 head and she said $15.00, since I really liked it I went to the ATM in Carlos and Charlies. Well it wanted to charge me too much money so I said forget it. I went back and told her the ATM was broke. She said you don't have any money and I told her only $5.00 so she decided to do it for that and about 10 minutes later I had a really cute style.

We had a rotten experience in Nassau when you just get off the ship. The lady said $2 a braid, and I showed her a picture of what I wanted. 45 minutes later, I kept counting "2, 4, 6..." until she stopped at 48 braids. My advice is to just do it on the ship also. These people don't seem to care about repeat business, so they don't have a problem ripping people off. Guess they don't realize us upset customers will be the loudest in warning people away. We had done braids on the cruiseline before and it was much cheaper, much cleaner, and lasted longer. Plus, it killed time on board.

Archived