What do you do with documents...

Books

This will be the first ever cruise for us. Looking forward to Crown and the whole experience. The message boards are really helpful but I have some questions. Thanks for any advice you can offer.

1. What do you do with your cabin card when you are at the pool and swimming?

2. Do you need to take your passport on shore excursions or just your cabin card and drivers license?

3. Again what do you do with these documents if you are swimming or snorkleing?

4. Now a delicate question - What do you do for those potentially deadly oders in your cabin bathroom? We are flying and I don't want to put an aerosal in my checked baggage. I don't think they make them in 3 oz size for carry on luggage. Is there an outlet in the bathroom to plug in some type of freshener?

You didn't mention where you were headed, but I'm going to assume the Caribbean. Make a color copy of your passport and keep it seperate from your passport. Keep your passport in the safe unless instructed by the ship personnel to take it ashore. If you really, really need to have a copy with you for peace of mind, get yourself a water wallet (dive shops have them). This will also solve the, 'what to do with the wallet and cabin key while on shore. Don't take valuables to the beach and leave them unattended - they can grow legs in an amazing short amount of time. Leave your camera on the ship if you are going to the beach or buy a disposable one that you don't mind losing.

When you are on the ship, your cabin key is pretty safe. I keep mine in my shorts pocket (don't usually swim on the ship) or in the pocket of your cover up. Just make sure you don't leave it on a chair for five or six hours or it might disappear. if your key is lost, the purser can issue another easily.

Hope this helps a little and have a good time on your cruise.

Charlie

Wal-mart, and CAA/AAA both have water wallets. You will need your ship card and photo id on shore.. I agree with taking a copy of your passport but I have taken my passport with me. I use a waist purse/belt that has a water proof zip type bag in it for my passport money and ship card. I swim with it in the ocean. For on board ship it is in a pocket of my cover up or in the basket of my scooter.

We just came back from a cruise...

we bought a water proof pouch from a travel agent. It sits inside your bathing suit when you are swimming and snorkelling.

For the sea pass card - you need that to get in and out of your room, to pay for things and to get on and off the ship. We bought a string with a clip on the end from the dollar stores that went around our necks. We had the purser at the guest relations desk punch a hole in our cards and we clipped them on the strings around our neck. I can't imagine being on a cruise without it.

As for the concern about smelly bathrooms - we didn't have that problem!

:)

This will be the first ever cruise for us. Looking forward to Crown and the whole experience. The message boards are really helpful but I have some questions. Thanks for any advice you can offer.

1. What do you do with your cabin card when you are at the pool and swimming?

2. Do you need to take your passport on shore excursions or just your cabin card and drivers license?

3. Again what do you do with these documents if you are swimming or snorkleing?

4. Now a delicate question - What do you do for those potentially deadly oders in your cabin bathroom? We are flying and I don't want to put an aerosal in my checked baggage. I don't think they make them in 3 oz size for carry on luggage. Is there an outlet in the bathroom to plug in some type of freshener?

We used the Airwick type freshener on our last trip. It is kind of a solid gel type thing that you pull the cover up 1/2 way.

Archived