Roll Call: Atlantis Liberty 1/19/08

gfromftlaud

Well, I'm waiting for the schedule to be listed so I can gather my stuff for the parties. As I might have said earlier, this will be our second cruise and not sure what to expect on such a HUGE ship. Our cruise this past year had about 2000 people on board but we really got into the swing of things and brought numerous costumes for the various parties.

On our cruise we had Belinda Carisle, we didn't see her but watched it on the TV and I'm glad we didn't bother. We did see Hal Sparks and couldn't believe how bad he was. Miss Richfield was great and I wish we had seen the hypnonist live but that looked really funny. It's really hard to "give up a night" to see a show when there is so much going on.

I was also wondering about the weather in Miami in January. We went out of Puerto Rico and it was hot, I'm guessing Florida will not be the same.

Miss Richfield 1981 is our absolute favorite on Atlantis Vacations. No matter how many times we have seen her, we laugh as if it is the first time. In Puerto Vallarta she had some great new material. Another fave is Dixie Longate and the Tupperware Party, if she is aboard definitely plan to attend. The special guest star rumors are starting to trickle...Kathy Griffin is getting some talk...I think she would be great.

Frenchie Davis, from American Idol & now starring on Broadway, was in Puerto Vallarta. She was beyond my expectations. Great performance, but what was even better was the fact that she really spent time with us and other guests the day after she performed. She really was a lot of fun, would definitely like to see her again on an Atlantis vacation.

Weather in South Florida during January is very hard to predict. Last year on Freedom we had an amazing sail away, temps in the mid 70's and a gorgeous sunset. It could also be freezing...in the 50's and rainy. Pan on having long sleeves and jeans ready for sail away and the return to Miami just in case.

Ok bois...39 days

I've been looking at potential excursions but can't see to find much about Turks. We've never been so I'm not sure where the ship docks and what's around. I'm looking to go diving but my husband doesn't dive or like small rides so I'm not sure what to do.

I heard that Labadee's reefs are pretty much gone and it's best, a beach island.

Anything about St. Thomas? (I think we're going there)

Was just cleared from waitlist this morning and got the only cabin they had left (so they say). As of now, I am sailing solo as my hubby will be overseas working.

Just sailed the Liberty last week Eastern Carribean and am am looking forward to this cruise. I can only imagine what its going to be like YIKES!!!

Hey boys! Just a few weeks away until Liberty. Last year's Freedom was my first cruise, and I can't wait to do another.

A couple things about the ports...

From what I can gather, I believe our sailing will be the first time Royal Caribbean docks one of its ships at Grand Turk. (It was fun last year being on Freedom on its very first stops to San Juan and St. Maarten.) Turks and Caicos is famous for its reefs, so there will probably be many snorkeling excursions available.

I went on a mainstream cruise in October that stopped in St. Thomas, which I found really gorgeous. Unfortunately for us, Liberty doesn't dock until 2 p.m. -- so we'll only have a few hours of sunlight to enjoy. The ship stays until 11 p.m., and I don't think Charlotte Amalie offers much evening entertainment... Last year, Freedom stayed in St. Maarten until 11 p.m., but it seemed like everyone was back on the ship by sundown...

New at Labadee this year is a zipline -- apparently the longest zipline in the world that goes over water. A little pricey at $80, but I've always wanted to do a zipline...

So when are they telling us the party themes? With my holiday shopping done, I need another excuse to hit the stores!

- Mike L. :-)

It's nice to finally see some action on this thread. I've been wondering when Atlantis was going to send out the info too since there is only 28 days to go (We're heading out on Friday, so technically 27). It really doesn't give you much time to shop and buy all those necessary "accessories".

I also heard that the diving was good in Turks and I'm hoping to do one if I can. We did a snorkeling thing this past year in March on the Serenade but my husband didn't like the boat ride to the spot, it was way too choppy and it did him in for the day so I don't anticipate he will be doing anything that requires a small boat ride other than the one to the dock.

hi guys. if anyone knows someone who is trying to get on the Atlantis Liberty cruise I'm selling my cabin at cost which is 3,080 for two people plus 150. name change fee to Atlantis.

Inside cabin deck six not too far from elevators and only one deck away from the Promenade deck...great location, had the same cabin last year.

If interested let me know. Atlantis handles the transaction for us. Thanks

Hi

Hoping to get a few questions answered.

My best friend is now sailing this cruise with me and we are wondering is there a chat board specifically designated by Atlantis Events? I could have sworn I saw one before.

Is there a hotel for precruise that Atlantis cruisers recommend? We are flying to Miami on the 17th and already have reservations in South Beach but are wondering if there is a hotel preerence of choice for Atlantis cruisers.

When do we find out more infor on entertainers etc and parties? We have no idea what to expect and would like to be somewhat prepared.

Thanks in advance.

My best friend is now sailing this cruise with me and we are wondering is there a chat board specifically designated by Atlantis Events? I could have sworn I saw one before.

Is there a hotel for precruise that Atlantis cruisers recommend? We are flying to Miami on the 17th and already have reservations in South Beach but are wondering if there is a hotel preerence of choice for Atlantis cruisers.

When do we find out more infor on entertainers etc and parties? We have no idea what to expect and would like to be somewhat prepared.

Thanks in advance.

Atlantis does have a forum on its site for cruise alumni only. If this is your first cruise, you won't be able to access it now. But there is a pretty active MSN Group (not run by Atlantis) at: http://groups.msn.com/AtlantisEvents

While Atlantis does usually arrange for a hotel room block for most cruises, it did not (or wasn't able to) do so for Liberty. Personally, I'm staying in South Beach, as I did last year for Freedom -- it's a little pricier than downtown Miami or Biscayne Bay, but the location is fantastic.

We should be receiving our cruise guides in the mail soon, but Atlantis posted it online a few days ago, at: http://atlantisevents.com/cruises_2008_caribbean_docs.aspx

Fort Lauderdale temps dipped below 40 degrees last night...ugh, haven't seen that here in 5 years..am ready for vacation bois!

Am pleased they have added a new theme party, tribu. Something new, and an opportunity to show off some skin and new tattoos ;-)

Also am curious to see if the rumors about Kathy Griffin being the special guest star will prove to be true. I, for one, sure hopes so.

Hope everyone has enjoyed the Holidays. later, g

Hey all -- I'm organizing a get-together for the Philly-area Liberty cruisers!

Friday, January 11

Tavern on Camac's Ascend Lounge (2nd floor)

243 S. Camac Street (between 12th & 13th Streets, below Locust Street)

9 to 10 p.m.

(No cover.)

We already have at least a dozen people coming. Let me know if you have any questions: mike@alumni.upenn.edu

See you there!

Hi Jim and Terry,

Just a quick happy new year wish and a bon voyage thrown in for your upcoming cruise.

To think it has been almost a year since the RSVP Caribbean cruise on Princess.

I hope you both have a great time.

I am on the Millenium cruise.......felt your ship was too big for my tastes.....please write a review so I can determine whether to book a jumbo sized ship in 2009. Of course I am also hoping RSVP will have a great selection to choose from.

Have a great time! I hope many get to meet you sweet guys during the cruise.

Tom

I will have to check with RCI. Are you guys on the trip? We did the Southern Caribbean last year and was hestitate to go on such a large ship but are trying it never the less. I do like the March timeframe thought so maybe that's what it store for next year unless we have a fantastic time. I'm really looking forward to getting away.

Hey BostonBud,

We'll be on Liberty. Although the ship is large it did'nt seem too overwhelming. We were on Freedom last year and liked the layout. Since they are sister ships the layout will be the same with a different theme.

Jim & Terry

Happy New Year Tom!!! We're going on both this cruise and the Zuiderdam. Wish you were going to be on Zuiderdam, we're having another cocktail party and we needed another wonderful guy such as yourself to attend. Have a good time on Millie.

Jim & Terry

Wow...two cruises so close together...life is good.

Please write about your Jan cruise when you get back and also list what the 2009 offereings will be. I wonder if the 2009 RSVP cruises will be available for booking on the Atalntis cruises since its the same corporation...

Too bad you dont fly ...there is the London to Barcelona cruise in August.

In the mean time....have a great cruise and save a place for me when you have a party on the 2009 cruise wherever we are going:D

Tom

Hey guys,

My name is Kevin (36) and I'm bringing my bf David (37) and this is our first day cruise and are biting our fingers in anticipation. I've been on Freedom before and was a fantastic ship.....thankfully I wont have to find my bearings as this is a sister ship. We are on 6 with Prom Window room and are looking forward to seeing all the crowds along the Promenade.

Our goal is not only to relax, but to surround ourselves with great people that we can stay in touch with/ go on future trips with, etc...... with 3700 people and with our personalities that will be a sinch........

I wish everyone a safe and enjoyable cruise......

Hey guys,

My name is Kevin (36) and I'm bringing my bf David (37) and this is our first day cruise and are biting our fingers in anticipation. I've been on Freedom before and was a fantastic ship.....thankfully I wont have to find my bearings as this is a sister ship. We are on 6 with Prom Window room and are looking forward to seeing all the crowds along the Promenade.

Our goal is not only to relax, but to surround ourselves with great people that we can stay in touch with/ go on future trips with, etc...... with 3700 people and with our personalities that will be a sinch........

I wish everyone a safe and enjoyable cruise......

Hey Kevin & David,

You'll have a great time with the ship all gay. Atlantis produces wonderful events throughout the cruise. Hope to meet you guys. We're in 9338. See you on board !!!

Jim & Terry

We went through a Travel Agent so we haven't received any of the documentation yet but looked through all the stuff on the website. Has there been any more clues as to who is appearing on the cruise? I'm hoping it's Kathy Griffin who I heard will be in Miami next week.

Do any of you guys choose excursions before you leave or wait until you're onboard? I wanted to go diving but haven't been on a dive in a few years so I would probably have to take a refresher.

This past weekend we were out shopping for the different parties, it adds to the anticipation.

Archived