Luggage Update

emptynest1

I know you are all tired of my luggage saga, but I thought it only fair to let you know the end of the story.

To recap, my bag was totally destroyed,and Risk Management at RCCL left a lot to be desired. They paid me a set amount which did not cover the loss, even after my appeal to them. I emailed Mr Williams with some suggestions to improve customer service. I was polite and fair in my praise and critical comments. He emailed me back the same day with an apology(which is one of the things I wanted and had not received yet)and has assigned a member of his staff to help me. All I ever asked from the beginning was to be compensated for my loss and that someone tell me that they were sorry my property was destroyed.

Mr Williams, THANK YOU. You have made me feel better.

Emptynest,

Thanks so much for posting. I was wondering what had happened and was even searching to see if you had posted an update. Hopefully you will get the outcome now that you deserve and Celebrity Customer Service on land will finally being to improve.

I am so happy that you feel better now.

Anne Maria

I too am glad you got the apology.

Unfortunately, if they are like the airlines, they may limit the amount they will pay for damage to a bag and the property in it to something that is less than the cost of the more expensive luggage like Tumi. One can understand their desire to limit their risk.

However, that is no excuse for:

not supplying an apology,

not supplying an explanation of how the payment was determine with the payment, and

not responding promptly when you raised questions.

Archived