Jazz - Wine - Noise?

Molly's Dad

Hi All - just joined the board but have been lerking for awhile. I wondered if the group could help with a couple of questions my wife and I have. We are first time cruisers and are sailing on the Carnival Spirit on Feb 27th out of San Diego.

We like to sit and enjoy a glass of wine and some Jazz music. Is there a jazz bar or club on board? Would like live but will take canned music.

We enjoy a glass or two of wine with dinner. I would like to bring 5 - 6 bottles on board to enjoy in the dinning room. I don't mind paying a corkage fee if I can enjoy the wine I select and bring on board.

Looking at the deck plans I see that some of the staterooms are either directly above or below places like the dining room and lounges. Is noise a factor with these locations.

Thanks in advance

Hi All - just joined the board but have been lerking for awhile. I wondered if the group could help with a couple of questions my wife and I have. We are first time cruisers and are sailing on the Carnival Spirit on Feb 27th out of San Diego.

Hi' date=' and welcome to the boards.:) I can't believe your post is on page 5 with no replies![/b']

We like to sit and enjoy a glass of wine and some Jazz music. Is there a jazz bar or club on board? Would like live but will take canned music.

I'm not familiar with the Spirit, but the clubs/lounges vary on each ship. There's usually a different type music played in the various lounges. Not sure about jazz. (Being from 'Nawlins, I love it too.) You'll probably just have to check out all the venues when you board.

We enjoy a glass or two of wine with dinner. I would like to bring 5 - 6 bottles on board to enjoy in the dinning room. I don't mind paying a corkage fee if I can enjoy the wine I select and bring on board.

Sure, you can bring your wine to the dining room. You may or may not be charged corkage. I've never been charged, but it seems to be at the discretion of your waiter. (Also, you may be charged the first evening, but not thereafter...?)

Looking at the deck plans I see that some of the staterooms are either directly above or below places like the dining room and lounges. Is noise a factor with these locations.

Others have asked that same question, and there doesn't seem to be any real noise factor. I was under the main showlounge stage once, and never heard a sound from above.:)

Archived