Hotels Downtown Miami

meisha

Does anyone have any recommendations for downtown Miami hotel that does not cost a fortune. We are going down a day early, not cruising until next February 4 (Monday). Are the downtown hotels closest to the port?

Will try priceline in a few months but I'm starting to check everything out.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

We had no luck on priceline for our March cruise when we tried in late Dec. We bid, if I recall, up to $130 or so and still couldn't get acceptance. We ended up going to Hotwire, got the Hyatt, for around that cost.

We had no luck on priceline for our March cruise when we tried in late Dec. We bid, if I recall, up to $130 or so and still couldn't get acceptance. We ended up going to Hotwire, got the Hyatt, for around that cost.

We stayed at the Intercontinental downtown on the water this past January and it was great. I got it for about $200 thru EasyClickTravel.com (reg room rates are $350+) then when we got there we upgraded to the Club level for +$60 and got a fantastic room high up and overlooking the bay where all the ships are docked, plus free continental breakfast/internet the next morning. It was alittle spendy, but heck we only vacation once a year and wanted to splurge alittle. AND we checked bags at the concierge desk ($10 pp) and they transported to the ship (Navigator) for us - showed up later that evening - too smooth! You could take a shutttle bus too, but we decided to cab it to get there quicker (11.30a). Very nice room and facilities in general. Plus its a 5-min walk to Bayside Marketplace. One tip: DO NOT eat at The Knife at Bayside (Brazilian BBQ/buffet) - we had no idea what meat we were eating and it was terrible - it could have been human for all we knew (!!). It still makes my stomach turn! UGH! highly recommend the hotel tho!

Archived