Elderly mother -- sting ray city???

jellens

Going on Carnival Conquest......I usually book independent excursions, but I've decided to go w/the ship excursion on this one as my elderly mother is traveling with me. I've been to Cayman....Mother has not. We will do a trip to the Turtle Farm, visit Hell then Sting Ray City. Will she be comfortable on the boat to Sting Ray City?? Will she be able to see anything from the boat?? Mother really doesn't want to get into the water and I felt the bigger boat with the ship would offer a few more passengers that might actually stay on the boat. Any words of comfort or advice after choosing this tour??:confused:

We took this tour with Captain Marvin and I would say that your elderly mother would enjoy his tour. I cannot speak for the excursion with Carnival. On Captain Marvin's tour we were so close to the boat she would have an excellent viewing opportunity. Hope this helps.

I would have booked with an indy operator if it were my husband and I, but with my mother, I chose to go with the cruise line tours. Anyone out there do this one?? Just checking......as I only have a day to change my mind and cancel for full refund.:rolleyes:

We went with a ship excursion (RCI) with my mom (70) and my 3 year old. My mom said she would not go in the water, and you could see very well from the boat. Most people got back on the boat to take photos because the water is so clear . You get a better look at the stingrays from the top (like looking into a swimming pool).

When she saw we were in waist deep water, and how clear and safe it was, she got in the water. She had a blast and it was the hightlight of her trip. We were glad we took the ship excursion because we got off the ship on the first tender, we ended up going to the same place as the private boats, so we were all there together anyway.

After the trip to stingray sandbar, we just walked over to 7 mile beach by the Hyatt, then took a taxi back after a swim. We had a great family day.

She would probably enjoy Captain Marvins more since it is a much smaller group. But if you do want to do the ship's tour I'm sure she would be see the sting rays from the boat. If she is able to climb down a ladder she would be able to just stand and watch. I water is only waist deep. We had 2 non swimmers in our group and they seemed to have a good time.

Archived