Charleston on Majesty, Charleston Black Cab

Arwenmark

I just cruised on the NCL Majesty out of Charleston and it is an awful port logistically the terminal area and getting to and from the ship I mean. but I posted all that in the NCL board section.

what I want to post for all going to Charleston is about the Charleston Black Cab company. They were fantastic.

Here is an excerpt from my other NCL post:

What I did want to post a very big THUMBS UP for is the Charleston Black Cab company.

they are a company that has all ENGLISH cabs the little black ones. I had found them online before going and reserved two to take us to the ship on Sat morning since I had luggage wheel chair and scooter to transport. As it happened when we got to the airport on Friday and they called us a cab it turned out to be them as well. So we got a first intro to them then.

Well Saturday they showed up on time and loaded all into the two cabs and we set out the maybe 3 blocks to the pier, only to be turned away by security and told to come back 2 hours later. Great I thought Now what?

Well they took us back to the Charleston Place hotel where they are based out of and I figured well we sit here on the sidewalk for two hours and try to get two cabs again and pay twice! Well NO SUCH THING, the Cab driver told us our stuff would be fine in the cab and they would just try again in two hours, so they let two cabs sit there for two hours while we looked around the shops, had coffee etc. then took us back over to the ship for no extra charge!!! That is service. We did give them extra anyway of course.

well then on return to port we had found that NCL excursion which included tour or Charleston and drop at Airport, was cancelled, so we again called Charleston Black Cab and rented a cab for two hours for a private tour and drop at the airport.

So anyone going to Charleston I highly recommend them!

Archived